WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys your views on this would be most welcome.

I am trying to decide between

1. the Hirsch Voyager (alligator) with 'Magic' Clasp for £195 (which btw will only take a Omega deployment ... which is good for me) and

2. the Hirsch 'Genuine Alligator' (£109) and the Hirsch Pusher deployment (£55)

Same materials but the former has 4.5mm padding while the latter has 4.0mm padding. The former is also more technically developed/constructed and meet higher tolerances .... or so I am told by the sales person!!

From experience which do you think is the better option?

Does anyone have any experience of the 'Magic' clasp. How well does it work? Will it compromise the longevity of the strap?

Looking forward to hearing your views

Thanks guys as usual.

·
Registered
9,353 Posts
1. the Hirsch Voyager (alligator) with 'Magic' Clasp for £195 (which btw will only take a Omega deployment ... which is good for me) and

2. the Hirsch 'Genuine Alligator' (£109) and the Hirsch Pusher deployment (£55)

Same materials but the former has 4.5mm padding while the latter has 4.0mm padding. The former is also more technically developed/constructed and meet higher tolerances .... or so I am told by the sales person!!

From experience which do you think is the better option?

Does anyone have any experience of the 'Magic' clasp. How well does it work? Will it compromise the longevity of the strap?
I'd go with option 1. I have no experience with the Hirsch "Magic" clasp itself (good to know they offer this!), but I have several watches on this type of strap, both original and the cheap $10 clasp + $20 strap aftermarket solution (3rd picture below), and I love it! It's just a cool, clean look on the wrist, super easy to close and open, no fiddling with the clasp, no sliding keepers on the long end, etc.

GP_Sea_Hawk_v01.jpg

J09_v04.jpg

Genesis_v02.jpg

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My understanding is the Magic clasp is just that. Not a pusher!! I am thinking would they put an inferior mechanism on a £195/$250 strap unless it was Magic???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts