WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like Ernie, I long have been a fan of the English brothers and Bremont watches. Their story is a fascinating one and perfect for adding the sort of cachet that makes one watch stand out from the others. I was so impressed with the new World Timer that I just posted the news of its availability on my watch blog. And, if all goes well, I hope to be able to do an "in the flesh" evaluation in the coming weeks (although I must get through my backlog of current offerings first, but that is another story :roll:):

Bremont introduces new World Timer chronograph « WatchWerx … and Watch Doesn't

Rob

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Like Ernie, I long have been a fan of the English brothers and Bremont watches. Their story is a fascinating one and perfect for adding the sort of cachet that makes one watch stand out from the others. I was so impressed with the new World Timer that I just posted the news of its availability on my watch blog. And, if all goes well, I hope to be able to do an "in the flesh" evaluation in the coming weeks (although I must get through my backlog of current offerings first, but that is another story :roll:):

Bremont introduces new World Timer chronograph « WatchWerx … and Watch Doesn't

Rob
I been driving myself crazy between the Bremont World timer and the Ball Diver World timer. The Ball follows more the GP ww.t.c style that enables you to see all the times zones simultaneously, and the Bremont you rotate the disc city by city but the style is classier. It's a battle between function and aesthetics I guess. Well and the wallet too! Is the Bremont nice enough to overlook the function advantage of the Ball and the $3,000 difference?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I been driving myself crazy between the Bremont World timer and the Ball Diver World timer. The Ball follows more the GP ww.t.c style that enables you to see all the times zones simultaneously, and the Bremont you rotate the disc city by city but the style is classier. It's a battle between function and aesthetics I guess. Well and the wallet too! Is the Bremont nice enough to overlook the function advantage of the Ball and the $3,000 difference?
Good question. Love both watches but not in a position to purchase either at the moment. I like the ability to see the time in all zones at a glance. (It probably comes from my ham radio years contacting folks around the world. You need to have a sense of when the sun is rising and where, for example.) I've not seen a link to the Bremont manual so don't know how you set up and adjust the World Timer when actually changing time zones or returning to standard time. It appears the Ball WT wouldl be a bit cumbersome when traveling east or "falling" back this November. Knowing how to do this on the Bremont WT would be a factor for me.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Just follow this link
Bremont ALT1-WT World Timer Watch Review

In this review there is a video embedded that explains how to set the worldtimer. To me it works more like a GMT than a worldtimer.
Hope it helps
Thank you. Yes, I would agree, it is more like a GMT function. I guess what you lose in being able to see all time zones simultaneously, you gain in ease of adjustment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts