WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've become more and more convinced that G's are indeed a hot selling watch.

Proof positive is what I've learned over the last several months when it comes to new models popping up, with pricing all over the board, and the undeniable benefit of constant diligence when it comes to watching the net for deals.

When this watch popped up for only $68.99 (no tax or shipping) I couldn't believe it, did the one click, and it arrived late yesterday. My new "Spare" GW-6900-1

·
Registered
407 Posts
I did the same thing about a month ago. I love that watch. Plan on wearing it out tonight. +1 from me.:)

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I've become more and more convinced that G's are indeed a hot selling watch.

Proof positive is what I've learned over the last several months when it comes to new models popping up, with pricing all over the board, and the undeniable benefit of constant diligence when it comes to watching the net for deals.

When this watch popped up for only $68.99 (no tax or shipping) I couldn't believe it, did the one click, and it arrived late yesterday. My new "Spare" GW-6900-1

Nice find!! Is this deal still offered? And where?

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice find!! Is this deal still offered? And where?
Here's the story... and believe me there's always a story behind such great finds.

True confessions... I'm an Amazon lover. When one watches that site very frequently there are some truly surprsing finds. For example I have been watching for months and the price of a DW5600MS has held steady at exactly $99.95 when shipped and sold by Amazon. One day I saw it for only $62.00! Just like this recent find, I could not believe my eyes. I immediately ordered it and yes indeed it was only $62.00 shipped and sold by Amazon. Then later that evening I met a friend and told him about it. He went home, went to the site and they were already sold out. A few hours later that offer had been removed.

This is exactly what I experienced this time around. I was watching the GW-6900-1 shipped and sold by Amazon at $125.00 for months right after it's intro. Then all of a sudden a few days ago it went to $80.60. I almost bought a spare at that time, but didn't, since I already had both the negative and positive version. Then later this thursday evening I saw it on special for $68.99 and simply could not pass it up. Thus the title of the thread.

While once in a great while, I see another site (as I monitor many) that has a price lower than Amazon, but it's not often. There is a 98% chance they charge a restocking fee which Amazon does not, and return shipping is on you which is about $14.99 (from CA.) Whereas if I decide to return an Amazon watch, they will email a prepaid UPS shipping label then deduct only $4.95 for the return shipping. There is no other way I know of, where I can try any G' I want for 30 days and return it for only $4.95. That's why I use and stand by Amazon.

Currently their best deal which I still believe to be a super price is here:
http://www.amazon.com/Casio-G-Shock...r_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=watches&qid=1255817648&sr=1-2

One final note. If I decide to order from them at a great price and they do not have the watch, I am still happy to wait as, at least I get the discounted price guarantee no matter how long it takes to get the watch. Also when it says as long as 4 to 6 weeks, I've watched them beat that and ship sooner many, many times. In fact there was a 4 to 6 week wait on the GW-6900 @ $80, and within days they were shipping it. In fact I believe it's still in stock now at that price (see link above)

Cheers...
(and no I do not work for them...:-d)

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Nice score. :-! Amazon is my favorite place to buy G-Shocks (at least the ones they carry). Their deals can be great, but it's like playing a game. They are always changing around. That's why I made the Amazon deal finder thing to keep a track of them.

That's going to be the deal to beat. It's showing $80 USD right now for me.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Amazon Search Trick

I almost forgot, here's an "Amazon Search Trick"

If you open Amazon dot com and type the model of G-Shock you want into the search field there is only about a 60% to 80% chance you will find it.

Here's how to be sure your search checks 100% of their inventory.

Amazon Search Trick, in steps.

1) Open Amazon dot com.
2) On the left side of the search field it will say "all departments"
3) Click on that drop down field, and select "watches"
4) Now when you enter the watch you are looking for it will search the entire inventory.

Enjoy....:-!

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice pick up! I have one too, but never photographed it. Isn't the strap a bit short though?
Yes unfortunately it is... that's why I currently have an order in with Tictox for another bracelet.

The resin stap buckles on the second to last hole the same as my G-7900, however unlike the 7900, the remaining length of strap on the 6900 is so short it does not even protrude all the way through the strap keeper. Such a short sighted move on Casio's part. I find it incredibly frustrating. Ironically, they did the same exact thing with the DW6900... to which I ask, why equip one of your largest diameter watches with the shortest strap? Where is the common sense?

(sidebar: the GW5600J-1 buckles on the fourth to last hole for me. The smaller case with a longer strap?)

Back to the G-7900, it fits perfectly at the second hole from the end, and the strap keeper stays put perfectly for two reasons.

1) There is enough strap to go protrude out the other end of the keeper.

2) The bottom of the strap has the "notches" deep enough so as to prevent the keeper from moving.

These two are the proper solution. Thus I can wear my G-7900 in complete comfort.

Cheers...

·
Banned
5,850 Posts
I've noticed this about amazon as well. I have bought 2 Gs from them. When I decided on the model, I just watched the price every day. Full price for weeks, then out of the blue, the price drops to 40-50% off MSRP. Becomes sport.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've noticed this about amazon as well. I have bought 2 Gs from them. When I decided on the model, I just watched the price every day. Full price for weeks, then out of the blue, the price drops to 40-50% off MSRP. Becomes sport.
Brilliant.... yes that's it ... it becomes sport... I love it....:-!

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do Amazon vendors ship watches internationally?
Amazon employs a few methods of selling products.

1) Shipped and Sold by Amazon.
This means that they stock the product, sell it and ship it to you. They do ship internationally.

2) They also use approved vendors to enhance their selection. Each of these vendors have their own policies.

Here is a link that will answer all your questions

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508510

Cheers...;-)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Looks like I'd better ressurect my Amazon account from the pre-forum days when I used to read books :-d

Does anyone know if Amazon.co.uk offers the same sort of deals?

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks like I'd better ressurect my Amazon account from the pre-forum days when I used to read books :-d

Does anyone know if Amazon.co.uk offers the same sort of deals?
Yes they do. I'm in the UK on business rather frequently and no trip is complete without at least a few purchases from them....heh!
Cheers...
posted via BlackBerry Bold

·
Registered
485 Posts
I got a stunningly good deal on my GS1100 too. Someone put four up at once and it was a UK seller (not many come up here). Got it a good 20% cheaper than anywhere else. I spent two months checking prices.

But the best recent deal was my car bought two months ago (BMW 335d Touring/Wagon with 286bhp and 428lbs/ft for the car geeks amoung you). I got such fantastic deal that I spent a good two weeks convinced there must be something wrong with the car - far from it! Best buy I have ever made and it's gone UP in value since I bought it! I spent EIGHT months checking prices for this one!

Diligence indeed works.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts