WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ah! Another attempt to select "the best watches" by a non-wis.
Have a look, and have a laugh!
www.independent.co.uk

The article is in the Most Viewed section.

Number one: Technomarine Harrods LE.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Superb list. Absolutely no theme / pattern and some of the ugliest watches ever made. To title the list '50 Best' is just stupid. If they had titled it '50 watches you might be interested in', then there may have been some excuse.

Seriously.....

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
The funny thing about these stupid lists is that they never seem to have (or at the very least explain) the basis by which they are selecting, categorizing or ranking their choices. This list reads more like advertising for the different websites recommended for each watch than anything else.

·
Registered
523 Posts
It's clear what the problem is.. "stylist Eliisa Makin selects the finest timepieces for men, women and children".

She sounds like an expert on timepieces. :roll:

http://eliisamakin.com

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
No, the method is obvious--some "style" expert picked a bunch of odd watches she thought looked cool.

The most disappointing thing about the list is that there were two or three nice watches in the list; I'd be annoyed if I were the maker of a good watch on that list (a nice Maurice Lacroix, a Seiko Ananta Spring Drive and a Tag).

·
Registered
829 Posts
Watch #5 from Paul Smith, a "steering watch" has the Breitling Anniversary Navitimer bracelet. :roll:
I love the responses of some of the readers.
"I gather by '50 best watches', you meant 'The first 50 watches to appear on google images'? I would argue that all but 1 or 2 of those selected are worth of being in a top 250 or so? Have you never heard of brands such as IWC, AP, Blancpain, Stowa, Damasco, Jorg Schauer, Temption, the list of good quality watches really does go on and does not extend to almost all of those you have chosen!!"

"What a waste of time. This list should have been listed "The Top 50 most cheesy and [COLOR=blue! important]cheap watches[/COLOR]"....with some obvious exceptions regarding time-pieces that should sue the publisher for being inn a list with such a lame list.
Greetings from Colombia, South America from a [COLOR=blue! important]watch[/COLOR]

aficionado."

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
that is brutal.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I noticed a link to the 50 best beers as well, but after looking at some of the watches, I didn't even bother. Some people have a lot of balls writing about something they know nothing about, about a topic which is impossible to determine.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts