WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Comrades,

Did I ever tell you that "Nowadays" my fingers are "A Bit Itchy"? No? Ok . . .

My second 6309 - 7040 arrived today. Thanks a lot John! (TheTigerUK) First the best news: It slipped under my better half's radar! It is a miracle! |> :-d b-) So, I am still alive :-d.

And second best news: It is very lovely; I couldn't stop taking its fotos for my Comrades before sun went down! :p

3rd best news: No more watch for now. Ehm, errr, I mean I will try . . . :-d :-x

Enjoy the fotos:

A close up on the gorgeous dial: :p

Born in June, like myself: :-!

After setting the time and attaching Pam strap:

24 mm Pam strap fit quite well:

Brutal accuracy test starts: b-)

Thank you all very much for sharing my happiness . . .

Capt. Serdal

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,356 Posts
That looks really nice, Capt. The aged bezel gives the watch personality and character, yet the dial seems to be in excellent condition. Beautiful vintage contrast and a nice thick strap that complements the whole package. Quite a find you've got there. :-!

·
Banned
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Ottovonn,

Thank you very much for your very kind words. Indeed, I have lately discovered that leather straps match Seiko divers perfectly.

Fortunately 24 mm strap fit well without giving me hard time.

Very Best Regards . . .

Capt. Serdal

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Hi Capt,

Youv'e done it again ! Great looking find, my friend.
And congratulations are in order, for sneaking it under the radar successfully !!!
Wear it in good health, always.....

Regards,

·
Banned
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dear Teman Ku (My Friend) Phlabrooy,

Thank you very much for your very kind words. Yes, another mission impossible is accomplished under the sensitive radar! :)

Very Best Regards . . .

Capt. Serdal

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Capt... what can I say!

The good the bad and the ugly.jpg

That finger maybe itchy, but by hell it can find some nice watches! That is a very nice piece, just the right amount of that worn in look that I like, and in under the radar, well done!

Nice strap too, I've got a 24mm leather strap on my 7040 and I reckon that squeezed in 24mm works nicely with the cushion case.

Reactions: serdal23

·
Banned
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:-d:-d:-d!

Dear Stuart, thank you very much for your very kind words.

Indeed, your gorgeous 6309 - 7040 with that awesome strap inspired me and I only copied you! :-d :p I remembered that you also used 24 mm and fit it into your 6309. I did the same. Thank you very much for this inspiration, my friend. :-!

I am lucky so far sneaking under that sensitive and long range radar :-d:think::-x.

Very Best Regards . . .

Capt. Serdal

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Capt. I am indeed flattered by that! :-! I'm glad you liked it so much. Your 7548's are having a similar effect on me too! :roll::-d

Reactions: serdal23

·
Banned
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dear Phlabrooy,

I can speak a bit of 6 languages. I am like a live dictionary. I visited your beautiful country 8 times when I was working on cargo ships, and was curious about your beautiful Bahasa Malay (Malay Language); so I tried to learn a few words. I am lucky that I can learn languages fast and I don't forget them that easily even though I don't have the opportunity to speak to the native speakers that often.

I still remember enak banget udang (Very delicious shrimp) I used to eat in Indonesia and Malaysia. Your ktichen is definitely very rich and lovely.

Very Best Regards . . .

Capt. Serdal

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Dear Capt,

Thanks for the info ..... That's great to know!

Thanks also for the good words....... about Malaysian food !!!! That's something you won't easily forget !

Regards,

Teman Mu

·
Banned
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dear Arnz23,

Yes, the lug size (Width) is 22 mm, and I was worried a bit about fitting the 24 mm strap into / between 22 mm lugs. I was even planning to cut the strap at both sides where the spring bars go, but I decided to give it a try. The strap I am using is quite soft, and that made it very easy to squeeze it between the lugs.

I also had tried my 22 mm leather strap on the SBCM023 once which have 20 mm lug width, and that fitting was also not bad and worked well.

I hope this info helps you, my friend.

Very Best Regards To You All . . .

Capt. Serdal

·
Banned
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dear DangerMouse,

Thank you so much for your very kind words.

I already began the accuracy test. I will update you on the accuracy, as well.

Very Best Regards . . .

Capt. Serdal

·
Registered
178 Posts
Capt,

Thats a great combo of diver on leather you have, never a truer word spoken than leather straps matching Seiko divers perfectly. It's got a lovely used feel going as well.

Enjoy

·
Banned
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dear Darwin,

Thanks a lot for your kind words. The case design, gorgeous hour markers (Indices) and entire dial are really hypnotizing!

Very Best Regards . . .

Capt. Serdal

·
Banned
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dear Flexible,

Thank you very much for your very kind words.

You are very right, recently I have noticed how awesome leather straps look on Seiko Divers. You can't go wrong . . .

Very Best Regards . . .

Capt. Serdal

·
Registered
244 Posts
Dear Arnz23,

Yes, the lug size (Width) is 22 mm, and I was worried a bit about fitting the 24 mm strap into / between 22 mm lugs. I was even planning to cut the strap at both sides where the spring bars go, but I decided to give it a try. The strap I am using is quite soft, and that made it very easy to squeeze it between the lugs.

I also had tried my 22 mm leather strap on the SBCM023 once which have 20 mm lug width, and that fitting was also not bad and worked well.

I hope this info helps you, my friend.

Very Best Regards To You All . . .

Capt. Serdal
Hi Capt. Serdal,

Then, I need to find a soft leather strap first. I like the look on your watch.

Thanks my friend.

Arn

1 - 20 of 23 Posts