WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

2081 - 2100 of 2116 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
I am bidding on this as it looks very much like my Dads old watch.
I’m hoping one of you could tell me an age range and model name ?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I am bidding on this as it looks very much like my Dads old watch.
I’m hoping one of you could tell me an age range and model name ?
View attachment 15612805
I let sentiment and nostalgia overtake me and ended up buying this.
From the sellers pictures it has Enicar Ultrasonic antimagnetic 010/036 on the back of the case.
Can anyone suggest an age range and / or model name ?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I let sentiment and nostalgia overtake me and ended up buying this.
From the sellers pictures it has Enicar Ultrasonic antimagnetic 010/036 on the back of the case.
Can anyone suggest an age range and / or model name ?
Ok, it has arrived and looks even better in person. The seller has thoughtfully out a brand new leather single pass strap on it.

Could anyone advise on how I can date this and identify the model?

Edit: I took a closer look at the sellers photo of the movement.
It looks to have 1010 engraved on it
With maybe a B (or maybe a D) a line below.

Reactions: dondimonte

·
Registered
55 Posts
You can find catalogs here:

Search and see if you can find a similar watch listed. You could also post here:

More photos, especially of the back and movement would help. My inexpert guess would be mid-60s.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok, it has arrived and looks even better in person. The seller has thoughtfully out a brand new leather single pass strap on it.

Could anyone advise on how I can date this and identify the model?

Edit: I took a closer look at the sellers photo of the movement.
It looks to have 1010 engraved on it
With maybe a B (or maybe a D) a line below.
Your watch is mid to late 50s. The 1010 was an Antons Shild based movement, before Enicar in 1960 launched there own movements. Unfortunately I don't have catalogs before 1960 yet, so I can't provide a pic with that.

Nico

·
Registered
448 Posts
Your watch is mid to late 50s. The 1010 was an Antons Shild based movement, before Enicar in 1960 launched there own movements. Unfortunately I don't have catalogs before 1960 yet, so I can't provide a pic with that.

Nico
Thank you Nico, @JimJupiter . It seems to be running really well. I am beyond pleased atm. I am taking my 72 Seastar in for some work and will ask the watchmaker to open the back for me to take my own photos of the movement and gather the serial number.

If my Dads watch was the same as this, as I think it is (my sisters think it was a similar looking Omega), he had a gold expandable metal strap on his. I am toying with the idea of trying the same style strap. It seems to have been quite the style in the day.

Geoff

2081 - 2100 of 2116 Posts