WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

381 - 400 of 2104 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
A very nice pair for the collection Crazyfist. Very Rad-o indeed. Wonder if they have the sapphire crystal like the Rados did. It sure is the big chunky look of the 70's.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #386
A very nice pair for the collection Crazyfist. Very Rad-o indeed. Wonder if they have the sapphire crystal like the Rados did. It sure is the big chunky look of the 70's.
Because of your question I made a discovery that took me by surprise. I was writing to say these are from the 60s so they probably had mineral crystal. Then I went into my archive to attach an ad:

enicar_1967.jpg

Now, I've never bothered to read these ads because...well...I thought I couldn't. But a closer look at the first words made me realize I should really pay more attention to these: Glace Saphir. I'm not a linguist but I'm sure that translates to Sapphire Crystal.

Awesome.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Rado on the Enicar thread ?
Looks like your pic has been moderated :-d

Richard

·
Registered
49 Posts
The funny thing is I can see it using Chrome, but can't see it with Explorer.

I will try to link the picture from the computer, or upload it.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Sacrilege?

Perhaps not. I had an extra vintage "Topps" flexible band in a drawer and decided to put it on the Seapearl 600. Given the heat and humidity here, an all stainless band is an attractive idea.

As it is my new daily wearer at the moment, I am finding it is quite comfy on the wrist.

IMG01585-20131125-1053.jpg

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sacrilege?

Perhaps not. I had an extra vintage "Topps" flexible band in a drawer and decided to put it on the Seapearl 600. Given the heat and humidity here, an all stainless band is an attractive idea.

As it is my new daily wearer at the moment, I am finding it is quite comfy on the wrist.

View attachment 1293306

How about the NATO bands for heat and humidity? I've started wearing them and find them very light weight and like them a lot. Not sure how the nylon will work in heat and humidity. But a stretch band.....you are not presenting that work of art very well.;) One of my favourite styles of Enicar.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have one for my Hellas. Bond strap. Like it but the "coolness" (temp) of the stainless on my wrist is kinda nice. I've been pondering a brown croc strap too, but then, I wouldn't wear it much. I saw a neat thread showing brown straps with black dials and liked the look.

Cheers,

Hunter

·
Registered
565 Posts
eBay Seller Warning

I´ve noted a rash of, in my educated opinion, fake Enicars and other watches being sold by Super-Store-Europe. Have a look at this one:

Enicar UFO Extrflat Mainspring Swiss Made Anti Magnetic Wrist Watch | eBay

Printing is so bad it's pathetic.

Now, further proof. Note the jet logo on these two dials:

Enicar UFO Unbreakable Mainspring Swiss Made Anti Magnetic Wrist Watch | eBay

Favre Leuba Rocket Unbreakable Mainspring Swiss Made Anti Magnetic Wrist Watch | eBay

Now he is promoting "Super".

Enicar '' Super '' Swiss Made Anti Magnetic Wrist Watch | eBay

Same case as the others!

Note the description as representing them as "Authentic". Also note his feedback hides his listings so it is much harder to see the item.

Sadly, his buyers are probably fooled long enough and leave good feedback before they realize what they bought.

Buyer beware.

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
I too hate 'private' listings on eBay. They might have some legitimate use but I find the most common use is to hide information so one can not easily do detective work on the seller... it is not commonly used to protect the privacy of the buyer.

I tend to avoid such sellers... looks like for good reason here!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yep. This guy is so obvious. The same case style but he uses Enicar Ocean Pearl case backs (shaved, of course). He cannot use Seapearls since they are bayonet mounts. The Favre Leubas have the exact same case but the backs look like cheap stamped versions or perhaps a hoard of them were obtained and used?

I too hate 'private' listings on eBay. They might have some legitimate use but I find the most common use is to hide information so one can not easily do detective work on the seller... it is not commonly used to protect the privacy of the buyer.

I tend to avoid such sellers... looks like for good reason here!

381 - 400 of 2104 Posts