WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

861 - 880 of 2104 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
My 12th Enicar is a real NOS one, with day indicator in Dutch.
The beauty of the dial can not be captured on photo. It's magnificent the way the colors change when the sunlight is striking the dial.

@vandervenus: I live near Eindhoven. I know the city quite well. I went to Technical School there.

·
Registered
192 Posts
My 12th Enicar is a real NOS one, with day indicator in Dutch.
The beauty of the dial can not be captured on photo. It's magnificent the way the colors change when the sunlight is striking the dial.

@vandervenus: I live near Eindhoven. I know the city quite well. I went to Technical School there.

Hi Peerke,

Thanks for the heads up! I like that Enicar a lot. Never seen a day indicator in Dutch on a watch. Wear it on thursdays, combined with a black suit, and you're The Don :-d

Can you maybe advise me a good watchmaker in the Eindhoven region? Also, I'm really curious about your 11 other Enicars |>

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
That Ultradive is something else. Man, I really want to add one to my collection some day. But it's part of the fun keeping a couple of Enicars on my wishlist (Sherpa Graph, Jet Graph to name a few).

I consider everyone who has at least one Enicar watch to be special. With all due respect for the collectors of Omega, IWC, Rolex, Heuer and other big brands; Enicar enthousiasts are a different kind of breed to me. It's the kind that prefers vinyl over MP3, a movie theatre over Video On Demand and a Ford Capri over a Tesla with a battery.
Ofcourse!

·
Registered
280 Posts
i picked up an enicar super jet... back cover is loose so im thinking thats a seal...
and the reflector pretty dirty,,, hopefully the watchmaker can organise all that along with a service... apart from that seems in great condition..

ill post up some before and after photos ... (hopefully they look different )

i have way too many enicar super compressors now... so some will need to be shed.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The Enicar Sherpa Star Diver got in yesterday. Looking really minty with firm reds and deep blacks in the outer bezel. The hands light up pretty nice in the dark. Also, not a scratch to be seen on the crystal. Just some light marks on the back. I love the pvd case and crown. Makes the colors look all radiant. For me the Star Diver is the pinnacle of seventies diver watches. The design, the size, the name: alle perfect!

Here's a first photo on the wrist
FullSizeRender.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gentlemen,
Can you advise how to remove the winding stem from AR 1145?
thank you for your pictured-assistance ;-)

G

Hello everyone,

can anyone help me with removing the winding stem (with instructions), please?
cheets,

G

Sherpa jet/sherpa divette/sherpa dive

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear,

Yesterday, i've gotten an old broken watch from my Uncle and that watch was Enicar. The first time i look at it i thought it a normal watch, but when i search information about Enicar, then i realized i dead wrong. However, i don't know exactly what my watch is? Can anybody know what is my watch? Type? Year?... i want to fix it.
Attach is my pic P_20150330_081032.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
Dear,

Yesterday, i've gotten an old broken watch from my Uncle and that watch was Enicar. The first time i look at it i thought it a normal watch, but when i search information about Enicar, then i realized i dead wrong. However, i don't know exactly what my watch is? Can anybody know what is my watch? Type? Year?... i want to fix it.
Attach is my pic View attachment 3479722
I think your are right: this watch doesn't look like an original Enicar. The logo on the dial appears to be washed out, there is no Enicar signing on the backside and the crown doesn't look like Enicar. But on the other hand, Enicar produced millions of watches for their markets in the far east. I'm discovering new models of this brand every day. I mainly collect the ones from the sixties and seventies, but Enicar has been around much longer.

If you can get the screwback off, you can have a look at the movement. Than you'll know for sure if it's Enicar or not.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
The Enicar Sherpa Star Diver got in yesterday. Looking really minty with firm reds and deep blacks in the outer bezel. The hands light up pretty nice in the dark. Also, not a scratch to be seen on the crystal. Just some light marks on the back. I love the pvd case and crown. Makes the colors look all radiant. For me the Star Diver is the pinnacle of seventies diver watches. The design, the size, the name: alle perfect!

Here's a first photo on the wrist
one more to want next to the chrono...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings - I'm new to forum but want to add a picture of my Enicar Sherpa Graph. This was originally purchased by my Dad in the 1960's and passed down to me. It really never gets wrist time as the movement does not keep good time. Original plastic crystal has some crazing but I've recently acquired a replacement from GS.

I'm currently searching for an experienced watchmaker/horologist that has knowledge and ability to overhaul the Valjoux 72 movement and bring this time piece back to life. Recomendations are appreciated.

Tom
Enicar.jpg

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Greetings - I'm new to forum but want to add a picture of my Enicar Sherpa Graph. This was originally purchased by my Dad in the 1960's and passed down to me. It really never gets wrist time as the movement does not keep good time. Original plastic crystal has some crazing but I've recently acquired a replacement from GS.

I'm currently searching for an experienced watchmaker/horologist that has knowledge and ability to overhaul the Valjoux 72 movement and bring this time piece back to life. Recomendations are appreciated.

Tom
You wouldn´t be interested in selling this piece?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Probably not. It's got significant sentimental value since my Dad passed a few years back... I'm going to try my best to have it repaired and add it to my wrist rotation.
Cheers to that man! Wear it in good health!

·
Registered
192 Posts
I finally succeeded in getting my wife to wear an Enicar. It's a quartz Privilege model from 1983. It came with the original box and papers, thanks to Gabriel from Barcelona (he might be on this forum too). I think I'm even happier with the terrific box than with the watch.

A happy couple: on the left is the Privilege, on the right an NOS AR167 model that I got last year. Also, a pic of the box with a Sherpa Jet as the topmodel.

Attachments

·
Registered
192 Posts
April turns out to be my lucky month: after getting my hands on a Sherpa Star Diver I finally hunted down a Sherpa Ultradive! It's in all original shape, with an unpolished case (used, but not abused), beautiful 'old school' hands (notice the double lollypop seconds hand) and a nice matching leather strap. The inner bezel shows wonderful patina. I believe the crystal is original too. This watch doesn't hide its age, but boy it is a beauty!

IMG_9939.jpg IMG_9940.jpg IMG_9941.jpg IMG_9942.jpg IMG_9944.jpg

·
Registered
93 Posts
The original Enicar Sherpa. The real Enicar 1956 Lhotse Expedition watch?

Because of this Enicar advertisment from 1957 it is commonly believed that the climbers of the Swiss 1956 Lhotse Expedition wore Enicar Seapearl 600’s.

1.jpg

However, Albert Eggler, the leader of the Swiss Everest expedition describes the Enicar watches that his group used as "Enicar automatic“ wrist-watches, while the Enicar 600’s have manual-winding movements. It is thus often assumed that Albert Eggler’s referral to „automatic“ wrist watches is an error.

I don’t believe that this assumption is correct, and another, earlier Enicar advertisement from 1956 supports my assumption. It refers to the reference 100/76 AaNS as Everest watch.

2.jpg

According to the Enicar Watch Buyers Guide:
100 = cal. 1010 (usually) and automatic cal. 1034 and 1035.
76 = case reference, in this case a turtle lug compressor case
A = Automatic
a = all stanless steel
N = Sherpa case, 100% is water resistant to 20 atm 200 m water depth
S = S = Sweep second (Central)

So the reference 100/76 AaNS would actually match with the notes of Albert Eggler.

A little while ago I was able to find such an Enicar 100/76 AaNS model, which I believe is the real Enicar Everest watch.

It features a turtle lug compressor case with the original large Enicar signed crown that is similar to the one of the Seapearl 600, and an Enicar 1034 automatic movement. On the back it is already called „Seapearl“, but still with the early non-script lettering that was only used for the very first Seapearls in 1955/56. From 1956 onwards the common script Seapearl writing was used for all watches.

The date stamp inside the caseback dates this watch to 5-56, the exact month of the Swiss Lhotse Everest Expedition.

3.jpg

4.jpg

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
However, Albert Eggler, the leader of the Swiss Everest expedition describes the Enicar watches that his group used as "Enicar automatic“ wrist-watches, while the Enicar 600’s have manual-winding movements. It is thus often assumed that Albert Eggler’s referral to „automatic“ wrist watches is an error.

I don’t believe that this assumption is correct, and another, earlier Enicar advertisement from 1956 supports my assumption. It refers to the reference 100/76 AaNS as Everest watch.

According to the Enicar Watch Buyers Guide:
100 = cal. 1010 (usually) and automatic cal. 1034 and 1035.
76 = case reference, in this case a turtle lug compressor case
A = Automatic
I would have to agree that the 'assumption' is not correct only because if I were taking on a climb like that and knew I could avoid having to wind a watch and expose wrist and an automatic would run continuously-I would jump at the chance to dump a manual for an automatic. Besides-how could he 'mistakenly' think he had an automatic? Would he forget what kind of icepick he used? What boots? Don't think so. At least I wouldn't but I have an almost eidetic memory-a curse mostly.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The original Enicar Sherpa. The real Enicar 1956 Lhotse Expedition watch?

...The date stamp inside the caseback dates this watch to 5-56, the exact month of the Swiss Lhotse Everest Expedition.

View attachment 3616202

View attachment 3616218
Very cool. I've no doubt that the Everest expedition watches were automatics; I'm sure Eggler was a very detail-oriented man who would have gotten that detail right. But with all that glare from ice and snow, and those dark nights on the mountain, I would have chosen something sportier, with a black dial and lots of lume, like this Sherpa automatic (AR 1034) with a case-back date of 10-56.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

861 - 880 of 2104 Posts