WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

141 - 160 of 2109 Posts

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
Ladies watches such as this have a jewelry value that exceeds their watch value. This is not our area of expertise! We don't do valuations anyway (check the posts at the top of the forum, especially in the Links and Articles subforum for useful information on this).

Nice looking bracelet! The watch itself could be from the 40s to present -- beauty is timeless :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a few Enicars including 2 Sherpa Guides (Had 3 but just sold one) and a Super Dive.
I really love the Enicar Sherpa series as they are a real masculine watch. Hefty, funky and meaty.
Theyre watches that echo an era of Hendrix and the Stones.
Wearers were not middle aged accountants they were adventureres climbing mountains, flying planes , diving into oceans or in some military somewhere.
Probably driving an E type Jag.
They are a vintage watch that is the right size for today but they have character. Theyre not some sterile dial with generic movement watch of today.

Sure there are more expensive watches than my Enicar Sherpa but few have the character and unique funk these have.The Guides/Jets /Super Jets came out in so many different versions of colour combinations (and movements Sherpa 33 with the 125 ... 145s and 165s later on that Chronoswiss adopted from orphanage)it makes it difficult to stop at owning one.

They belong to the golden age of watchmaking

Mad dogs and Enicar Sherpas .

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
I have a few Enicars including 2 Sherpa Guides (Had 3 but just sold one) and a Super Dive.
I really love the Enicar Sherpa series as they are a real masculine watch. Hefty, funky and meaty.
Theyre watches that echo an era of Hendrix and the Stones.
Wearers were not middle aged accountants they were adventureres climbing mountains, flying planes , diving into oceans or in some military somewhere.
Probably driving an E type Jag.
They are a vintage watch that is the right size for today but they have character. Theyre not some sterile dial with generic movement watch of today.

Sure there are more expensive watches than my Enicar Sherpa but few have the character and unique funk these have.The Guides/Jets /Super Jets came out in so many different versions of colour combinations (and movements Sherpa 33 with the 125 ... 145s and 165s later on that Chronoswiss adopted from orphanage)it makes it difficult to stop at owning one.

They belong to the golden age of watchmaking

Mad dogs and Enicar Sherpas .
Amen, especially that last sentence... :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Re: Sv: The Joy of Collecting Vintage Enicar Watches

Nice! I hardly wear mine - it is just too big. But the Jet is among my favorites, probably the one I would keep, if I were only allowed to pick a single watch.

·
Registered
98 Posts

Taswell (and any others who have had their Sherpas serviced/cleaned), is it possible to polish some of the scratches on the plexi glass? Do you do it yourselves, or have your watchmaker do it?

·
Registered
443 Posts
I had a local jeweler do it. They did a great job.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts

The Jet has had a full overhaul so it's running just fine.
I found a NOS case with crystal so this one didn't need any polishing but I use Polywatch on others myself.

·
Registered
280 Posts

If its crystal crazying you mean its impossible to get off.
If theyre scratches they come off easily as the crystal is very thick.

·
Registered
98 Posts

Thanks for the replies. They are just scratches, no crazing. I'll ask my watch repair guy if he can do it, or else I might just try polywatch.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Reactions: Phranz

·
Registered
7,743 Posts

You need a special tool. Unless you're going to do it a lot, it might be cheaper just to ask a watchmaker to do it for you or to fit a new crystal on your watch.

Reactions: Sansoni7

·
Registered
3,646 Posts

It was also my first trial with polywatch scratch remover, the results were astonishing. Applied some 4-5 teardrops on the crystal, distributed it on the whole surface with a piece of cotton cloth, waited a bit - like 2 min, then make some circles cw and ccw with pressure, repeat if necessary. Its joyful with the self sufficient feeling within this hobby, me happy, and would recommend it,the results:

before:

after:

·
Registered
565 Posts

I had a good AR1145 movement on hand and bought a NOS gold plated case with dial, crown, and hands. Black Hadley-Roma band as the markers are gold with black stripes. I liked the red dot on the second hand. Now I am very tempted to get a black band with red stitching just to see how it would look. Watch keeps great time. The 1145 is a real gem!

Attachments

141 - 160 of 2109 Posts