WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1861 - 1880 of 2104 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Lol @kazrich !

@badbackdan is it a redial, or just a release to Indian market? I know Enicar was popular in China... but not anywhere else enough to warrant limited releases

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Lol @kazrich !

@badbackdan is it a redial, or just a release to Indian market? I know Enicar was popular in China... but not anywhere else enough to warrant limited releases

The photo is not very good, but I tend to say re-dial, since the minute markers look very uneven. For example, look at the uneven spacing of the minute markers adjacent (on each side) to the 5, 6, and 10 o'clock applied markers. It is a horrendous re-lume at the very least.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The one I have doesn't have any experience with super compressor cases and could be very dangerous to bring it to him. Also the crystal he have in stock are not hi-dome type.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Unfortunately they are both cracked. I've already contacted the ebay guy you suggested but seems he doesn't feel very comfortable with clarification about size and height of dome. He just replied me that the crystal is the right one for this model and nothing more. I'm not positive too.

·
Registered
565 Posts
It's the same case except one had the crown guards.

The rest of it is the same.

Buy one and see how it goes.

Sent from my SM-G570M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
555 Posts
The photo is not very good, but I tend to say re-dial, since the minute markers look very uneven. For example, look at the uneven spacing of the minute markers adjacent (on each side) to the 5, 6, and 10 o'clock applied markers. It is a horrendous re-lume at the very least.
Oh I see that now. Good eye as always. I also noticed the writing in the bottom (SWISS MADE??) is covered by the hour markers and I was not sure if that was an indication of a redial. Here is another piece that has hour markers covering the writing as well.

IMG_7124.JPG

With both pieces being covered, I didn’t know if it was common practice with Enicar in some of its pieces back then, or that this seller just happens to have both watches cross some of the rules against proper redialing! Much of the similar watches I saw usually have SWISS MADE visible, with the hour marker in between both words.

·
Premium Member
7,193 Posts
Oh I see that now. Good eye as always. I also noticed the writing in the bottom (SWISS MADE??) is covered by the hour markers and I was not sure if that was an indication of a redial. Here is another piece that has hour markers covering the writing as well.

View attachment 13219957

With both pieces being covered, I didn’t know if it was common practice with Enicar in some of its pieces back then, or that this seller just happens to have both watches cross some of the rules against proper redialing! Much of the similar watches I saw usually have SWISS MADE visible, with the hour marker in between both words.

I think that one has "SWISS" on the left of the 6 o'clock marker and "MADE" on the right, but there is damage, so you only see "SS" on the left and "MAD" on the right.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,
I have a Sherpa Super-Jet with the original Enicar beads-of-rice bracelet. I need to shorten the bracelet a bit by removing some links, but don't see any of the traditional pins or markings for removable pins on the back side. Can anyone give me some tips on removing some links from these bracelets? It looks as if the only option is to (gently) bend open one row of the "rice bead" loops from the back, but wanted to check with you experienced folks before I try that. Thanks very much.

·
Registered
244 Posts
once every 3 years i check and this thread is still being talked in, how do you guys not have your own separate forum?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yep... it should be the same
Just to update you, I tried the G-S DT-33.1 and seems to work. Obviously not the same dome shape as the original one but much more cheap

·
Registered
803 Posts
I've looked through this thread from time to time and Enicar has some very nice watches. This Star is my first one and is a solid, good looking watch with some nice finishes. It's a good size at a tad bit over 35mm w/o crown and has an AR 1141 movement. I love blue dials and this is a great shade of blue although there is a little bit of spotting. Not sure if the watch is original and the numbers are all correct but this really has held up well and is a nice timepiece.

IMG_0656.JPG

IMG_0649.JPG

IMG_0651.JPG

IMG_0653.JPG

IMG_0654.JPG

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hi,
I have a Sherpa Super-Jet with the original Enicar beads-of-rice bracelet. I need to shorten the bracelet a bit by removing some links, but don't see any of the traditional pins or markings for removable pins on the back side. Can anyone give me some tips on removing some links from these bracelets? It looks as if the only option is to (gently) bend open one row of the "rice bead" loops from the back, but wanted to check with you experienced folks before I try that. Thanks very much.
yeah a watchmaker or jeweller can bend back and refold

1861 - 1880 of 2104 Posts