WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
321 - 340 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
hey, yeah i used to want to this watch back in the 90s (got a blue quartz chrono instead, that i still have).. and i loved the way the dark chrome like look..
but if polishing titanium isnt an easy job, should probably just get the SS F1 (or maybe get both)
I'm going with " get both" lol. I've been looking for some scrap of big titanium in my stock, so I can try to polish some. I'm curious.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Ok Guys, I have a question for You, I recently bought a TH Kirium F1, everything works as it should, but I’m just confused about it being a screw down crown, it behaves as if it was a pull crown.

any advice or could someone please shed some light?

it will be greatly appreciated.

I can’t seem to be able to find a manual online either, the links that I have found herein watchuseek are broken. That’s why I’m asking.

thanks I’m advance

Reactions: enricodepaoli

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
As you've probably figured out by now the crown, when rotated, scrolls through various digital functions and is not a screw down type. It also performs other functions when pulled out and activates a back light when pushed in fully.
The manual is pretty important for this model and I think I've seen some listed on the bay recently. Hope you find one, and congrats on your beautiful F1!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Thank You! That’s pretty much what Inexperienced.
I’ll take a look at the Bay

·
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #325 ·
Yes, the Kirium F1 does not have a screw down crown. Note that the "page" you are, will matter when setting the time. If you see the time in the digital numbers when pulliing the crown out, you'll be setting both hands and digi together. If you don't see the digi numbers when pulling the crown out, you'll be setting ONLY the hands (even though digi numbers will show at the moment you pull the crown out). I attached the manual in this post. And a picture of mine on my wrist at this exact moment :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Thank You very much! I really appreciate it!
Thanks for sharing the manual and for taking the time to reply.

·
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #327 ·

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hale Color, I snatched one up, at a really good price, thanks for the suggestion!

·
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #330 ·
Ha! That's great, now you've got the booklet plus Enrico's cool PDF. Think you're covered!
Hope you get lots of enjoyment from your F!, a truly awesome piece.

I have the cool booklet as well :) I just thought it was easier to post the PDF here. haha

I try to keep all my TAGs complete with papers and boxes. OCD, you know...

Reactions: Hale color

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Sadly had to let my F1 go a while back, but missed it and managed to score a near mint one from a great original UK owner couple months ago. In love all over again. Key to buying used is finding one with good outer AR coating. Mission accomplished!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #332 ·
Sadly had to let my F1 go a while back, but missed it and managed to score a near mint one from a great original UK owner couple months ago. In love all over again. Key to buying used is finding one with good outer AR coating. Mission accomplished!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yours is looking great. When I bought mine pre owned, I didn't know about the outer AR coating. I only came to know about it, once I noticed mine had marks on it... so I ended up buffing the coating all off, and my F1 looked new again, without the coating.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
It looks great Hale! And I know exactly what you mean. Enjoy yours to the max!

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
What did You use Enrico?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Yours is looking great. When I bought mine pre owned, I didn't know about the outer AR coating. I only came to know about it, once I noticed mine had marks on it... so I ended up buffing the coating all off, and my F1 looked new again, without the coating.
That does seem to be the best solution if it gets appreciably nicked up. Wish they had put the AR underneath the surface, cause when it's in good shape it magically accentuates that jet black dial and casts a beautiful blue image over the gorgeous domed sapphire crystal.
Are you aware of any source for NOS replacement crystals for these?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
This guy (close to retiring and website shows him on vacay until 09/04) has a TAG Heuer parts account. If the part hasn't been discontinued by TAG Heuer then he will be able to get it. You have to ship it to him for the install. Great guy.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Great resource bear1845, thanks!

Reactions: Bear1845

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Watch Fashion accessory Analog watch Wrist Silver

I just enjoy this piece a lot!

321 - 340 of 355 Posts