WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
341 - 355 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
My first expensive watch was a quartz Kirium. Loved it...especially the comfortable bracelet. Wore it daily for 12 years and gifted it to my son when I purchased an Aquaracer.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Just enjoying this piece!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Seems to depend on whether it's a quartz or automatic model as the auto's go for more money plus boxes and papers do also have a bearing
I've seen them from £400 - £1500

Sent from my CPH1931 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey y’all,

I’m eyeballing this Kirium WL5110, it’s the Auto Chronometer with a silver face and the Mercedes hands (I have pictures posted on the TAG legit check thread). At around $200, I believe I should purchase it, as it’s been serviced by TAG, and includes original box (although no papers). Any advice? Any quirks or features of the watch I should know before purchase?

I’m slightly concerned regarding longevity and service intervals considering it’s a 20-21 year old watch, but recognize how beautiful of a piece it is and am highly drawn towards it. I believe it’s only worth around $400-500 at market, so not sure if it’d be worth servicing more than a few times.

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hey y’all,

I’m eyeballing this Kirium WL5110, it’s the Auto Chronometer with a silver face and the Mercedes hands (I have pictures posted on the TAG legit check thread). At around $200, I believe I should purchase it, as it’s been serviced by TAG, and includes original box (although no papers). Any advice? Any quirks or features of the watch I should know before purchase?

I’m slightly concerned regarding longevity and service intervals considering it’s a 20-21 year old watch, but recognize how beautiful of a piece it is and am highly drawn towards it. I believe it’s only worth around $400-500 at market, so not sure if it’d be worth servicing more than a few times.

Thanks for any input!
So did you get it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey y’all,

Thanks for any input!
Hey y’all,

Thanks for any input!
$200 is a steal for a auto chronometer. Get it and set it with the clock on time.gov and see how it performs. If it is gaining or losing time more than a few seconds a day it would need to be serviced. I can't even find quartz ones for under $300-400 USD.

·
Registered
784 Posts
$200 is a steal for a auto chronometer. Get it and set it with the clock on time.gov and see how it performs. If it is gaining or losing time more than a few seconds a day it would need to be serviced. I can't even find quartz ones for under $300-400 USD.
I'm not really sure where he is getting a $200 chronometer. I sell JUST those movements, even used, for $300 easy. I'd buy a $200 kirium in a heart beat. Even quartz would be more than worth it.

·
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #351 ·
I'm not really sure where he is getting a $200 chronometer. I sell JUST those movements, even used, for $300 easy. I'd buy a $200 kirium in a heart beat. Even quartz would be more than worth it.
I usually enjoy mechanical timepieces more. They feel more organic to me. But, every rule has its exception... the Kirium F1 for example, is a great exception in my opinion. I wanted to have an Ana-Digi in my Tag Heuer collection, and the Kirium F1 is a very unique timepiece. Other than that, the Chronometers are very cool. But......... I'd take a Kirium Quartz if it was an opportunity too.

Reactions: Hale color

·
Registered
19 Posts
My Kirium. Bought new in Jan 2000 at Munich Aiport.
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Everyday carry

But now it needs a bracelet clasp, or at worst a new bracelet.
Musical instrument Helmet Automotive lighting Wood Clock

Is it possible to obtain the small clasp/catch, with the tag logo on it? Or do I have to get the whole deployment clasp, or even a whole bracelet?

·
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #353 ·
My Kirium. Bought new in Jan 2000 at Munich Aiport.

But now it needs a bracelet clasp, or at worst a new bracelet.

Is it possible to obtain the small clasp/catch, with the tag logo on it? Or do I have to get the whole deployment clasp, or even a whole bracelet?
Not sure if you can get just the clasp officially if you send it to the TAG HEUER service center... You may need to source it from a donor parts watch online.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi enricodepaoli,

Yep it seems you are right. And because mine is midsize, I've been finding it harder to get the whole deployment, let alone just the clasp bit that I need.

I couldn't find a complete good used midsized bracelet, so I've resorted to buying an entire NEW bracelet from the US. Even with import taxes and vat, it still works out cheaper than sourcing one from the UK. Should work out at around 230 GBP. A lot less than a new one from anywhere in the UK that I've seen.

The cheapest new bracelet I found in the EU, is 425 quid plus postage, import, and vat. I'm amazed that even single links are advertised at around 40 pounds. Crazy prices, I can't imagine anyone paying that for a single link.

I must be mad, but I like the watch.

·
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #355 ·
Hi enricodepaoli,

Yep it seems you are right. And because mine is midsize, I've been finding it harder to get the whole deployment, let alone just the clasp bit that I need.

I couldn't find a complete good used midsized bracelet, so I've resorted to buying an entire NEW bracelet from the US. Even with import taxes and vat, it still works out cheaper than sourcing one from the UK. Should work out at around 230 GBP. A lot less than a new one from anywhere in the UK that I've seen.

The cheapest new bracelet I found in the EU, is 425 quid plus postage, import, and vat. I'm amazed that even single links are advertised at around 40 pounds. Crazy prices, I can't imagine anyone paying that for a single link.

I must be mad, but I like the watch.
I may have some good news for you... check your inbox for messages :)

341 - 355 of 355 Posts