WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, as some of you know i've recently picked up a San Marco W-Ox and snapped a few pics of it yesterday. Quite difficult to photograph due to the domed glass... that's my excuse anyway :)

Dane

ps forgot the wrist shot... oops. Will take one when my new Toshi arrives for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Congrats! It looks great and it makes me miss mine a little (sniff). :) Wear it well and thanks for sharing, but waiting on that wrist shot. :-!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Nice pics Dane, though that dial is a little confusing for me these days, I think I'm getting too used to my Panerai dials! So what's what and what do the buttons do? Also looking forward to a wristie mate.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the kind words all! I'll be sure to get a wrist shot ASAP.

It's a very imposing watch on the wrist, but is a great size. I have quite a flat wrist so these larger watches don't pose me too much of an issue despite it only being around 7.25-7.5 inches.

I wasn't sure if I was going to keep a hold of it as it was an impulse buy at the time (few too many drinks and ebay mobile) but after wearing it for a day I'm quite smitten :-!

Nice pics Dane, though that dial is a little confusing for me these days, I think I'm getting too used to my Panerai dials! So what's what and what do the buttons do? Also looking forward to a wristie mate.
You've gone to the dark side mate...

As for the buttons, you can tell me and then we'll both know! :-d Ok, the top right is the bayonet crown, the bottom right moves the internal ring and the top left is for the GMT date function (I think) but I'm yet to use that one. I don't have the manual for it so I'm a bit clueless at the moment (no different than usual).

·
Registered
130 Posts
"Imposing" is an understatement for such a piece. Although I'm not completely sold on the power meter placement, that is one amazing watch.

Congrats!! :)

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks revangel :-!

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Fabulous! You are winning the little watch race we all have in our heads! :-d

San Marco = GRAIL in this neck of the woods, and many others. Great watch & congrats! :-!

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Beautiful! A big congrats.
Very nice...
Cheers guys!

Fabulous! You are winning the little watch race we all have in our heads! :-d

San Marco = GRAIL in this neck of the woods, and many others. Great watch & congrats! :-!
And what a terrible race it is! My original plan was to sell off my Mille, Sinn and U-Boat and just get myself the Nautilo and perhaps a Sinn 857 to replace the 857s (at around half the price)... but then that little voice in your head says 'Buy another Anonimo... and make it a San Marco while you're at it...' Whoops!

I think the new band will really set it off well, here's hoping I made the right choice. :think:

·
Registered
286 Posts
AWWWWWWESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOME!!!

Congrats and wear in the best of health. I've been waiting 5 months for mine to come in. You should be VERY happy. Way cool!!

I had sort of forgot about mine. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Well Dane...no doubt about it...That is an absolute GRAIL here in Anonimo land!!!:-!

Yes, the dial is a bit busy...but there is just "something" about the San Marco and your pictures have captured that "something" very well!!!!

Man, I am drooling...:p|>:p|> That is a HOTTT one!!!!

Congrats on this very special piece!!!

btw...can't wait to see the Toshi that you ordered (although that stock strap looks amazing). Rich makes a great strap and knows Anonimo inside and out.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Congrats man, I love the San Marco...wear in good health.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AWWWWWWESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOME!!!

Congrats and wear in the best of health. I've been waiting 5 months for mine to come in. You should be VERY happy. Way cool!!

I had sort of forgot about mine. Thanks a lot.
Thanks very much Tom. Is yours the Drass version? I'd love to hear your opinion on it compared with your Pro Crono once you receive it as I've not been lucky enough to see a Pro Crono in person as of yet, and I really do love them.

Well Dane...no doubt about it...That is an absolute GRAIL here in Anonimo land!!!:-!

Yes, the dial is a bit busy...but there is just "something" about the San Marco and your pictures have captured that "something" very well!!!!

Man, I am drooling...:p|>:p|> That is a HOTTT one!!!!

Congrats on this very special piece!!!

btw...can't wait to see the Toshi that you ordered (although that stock strap looks amazing). Rich makes a great strap and knows Anonimo inside and out.
Thanks a lot Chris :) I know I'm definitely lucky to get my hands on this piece. I'd not thought about getting one too much as most I'd seen were out of my price range or sold very quickly, and I'd focused more on the Pro Crono and Nautilo Bronze as my grails. But I guess I got lucky! The seller listed the item as CONUS only, but a friendly email changed that and I snapped up the chance. Very glad that I did.

The stock strap is fantastic. This is my first Kodiak as my Nautilo is on an aftermarket strap and I'm a fan, though I feel it could be longer. I had a Toshi on my Millemetri and it was great once broken in. I'm actually wearing a Toshi right now. Rich is great to deal with too so no doubt I'll love it.

Congrats man, I love the San Marco...wear in good health.
Thanks mate, appreciated!

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Well done my friend, looking further for the new strap... Sweet like a lot better than the Drass edition.

Enjoy it and wear it in the best of health !

·
Registered
585 Posts
Congrats on the new watch it is beautiful....Not a grail for me but to many here it is. I had the opportunity to buy one when I was picking up my Magnum and for me it was hands down the Magnum (Yes I left the crack pipe at home :) ) The fresh bronze fumes got to me and no regrets....LOL I think the busy dial is what put me off...It seems like they tried to put a lot in the space...Regardless it is an amazing piece and very unique.

Now that you have one, you must wear it and go to Venice, Italy to check out "the" San Marcos square if you have not done so....The place is truly magnificent.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can understand your choice for sure, and can most definitely see why the San Marco is not to everyones taste. The allure of the bronze is strong...

I've been to San Marcos square, and you're right it's gorgeous (despite all the pigeons). I wasn't fortunate enough to own any Anonimo at the time, but I know my partner would love me to make it an excuse to take her there!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Very sweet new piece Dane ! I'm liking the Ox Pro finish these days more and more, but I still have the bronze fever as well.
Thanks for sharing and congrats.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts