·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Willing to buy the new frogman (D1000)
But the retail if the watch is so expensive
1100$!!!!
So does it deserve this high retail price?
And is the frogman constructed in the same way as others G's ? I have the mudman and an old dw5600
Does the gwf d1000 build and assembled like them? And the difference is the sapphire crystal and the depth sensor only?
Can this frogman for watch collectors be considered as as an iconic watch ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cost is relative in value only to you.

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator
Can you find the frogman equal and comparable in quality to something like the seiko tuna quartz 300m or the orient saturation diver?
They all are in the same price range
Is it wise to pay 1100$ for a gshock watch or spend it on a tuna watch or orient SAT watch?
I am not against casio
I have the dw5600 and mudman
But the price is not reasonable for the new frogman .....
I can not imagine how to pay such high price for a gshock that is assembled by adhesive tapes in the internals like the dial and internal components...OR should i pay this money to a seiko tuna that will live for 40+ years and can be modded if i want with new crystals and bezels !!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I was able to get them for $600 as my local store had a clearance sale. I made a thread about it at the sales corner, however the sale ended more than 3 weeks ago. If only you were earlier :(

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
have you handled the new Frogman?
by your writing I would say no.

It is by far the best built G-Shock our there and no other G-Shock can compare to it regarding build quality.
As much as I love the Orient 300 AND the Tuna, if you are talking about 40+ years of usage, my bet will be at the Frogman, IF you have enough spare bezels and straps. ANYTHING with moving parts will have wear and tear, not to mention accidental drops to tile floors that will surely happen in 40+ years, that can easily kill a mechanical watch. None of these have any influence on the Frogman.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Frogman is special because it has a stainless steel case with a screw back and is ISO 6245 (Diver's 200M) compliant. Also the buttons are tested to work underwater. Also GWF-D1000 has a compass and sensor log memory. I would say it is one of the most iconic G-Shock lines along with the 5000-56000 and 6900 series.

·
Premium Member
61,485 Posts
I'll not compare prices on your side of the Pond with mine but if you fancy one shop around. The new Frog is a fair old watch and fully deserving of its standing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
(...)
I can not imagine how to pay such high price for a gshock that is assembled by adhesive tapes in the internals like the dial and internal components...OR should i pay this money to a seiko tuna that will live for 40+ years and can be modded if i want with new crystals and bezels !!
Well, there are 35 year old G-Shocks out there and some of them look like new with a little restoration after years of use and abuse that would have killed any mechanical watch.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
have you handled the new Frogman?
by your writing I would say no.

It is by far the best built G-Shock our there and no other G-Shock can compare to it regarding build quality.
As much as I love the Orient 300 AND the Tuna, if you are talking about 40+ years of usage, my bet will be at the Frogman, IF you have enough spare bezels and straps. ANYTHING with moving parts will have wear and tear, not to mention accidental drops to tile floors that will surely happen in 40+ years, that can easily kill a mechanical watch. None of these have any influence on the Frogman.
I have seen it in the shop and handeled it for 15 minutes
The watch is heavy and feels more quality.
But i don't know how is it assembled inside.
If it is the same as my mudman internally or has some quality internal components?
Is the internal parts easily changable or glued by sticky tabes..?

All this points doesn't appear to me from the outside checking...
How is the crystal fixed to the case in this qualified diving watch?
Is it pressed with a seal like others high divers or glued to the case?
This is the points that i am asking about

·
Registered
28,405 Posts
Hello
Willing to buy the new frogman (D1000)
But the retail if the watch is so expensive
1100$!!!!
So does it deserve this high retail price?
And is the frogman constructed in the same way as others G's ? I have the mudman and an old dw5600
Does the gwf d1000 build and assembled like them? And the difference is the sapphire crystal and the depth sensor only?
Can this frogman for watch collectors be considered as as an iconic watch ?
That's weird. Your 'thread history' is full of D-Frogman enquiries.. and it seems you have owned one already ? No ? Here just a few examples:
Depth sensor for the frogman gwg d1000

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=13788&share_tid=4549951&url=https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=4549951&share_type=t

Buttons of frogman gwf d1000?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=13788&share_tid=4570697&url=https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=4570697&share_type=t

Some sort of leak in the display of the frogman !

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=13788&share_tid=4552781&url=https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=4552781&share_type=t

The new casio frogmann

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=13788&share_tid=4469882&url=https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=4469882&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
590 Posts
What are you worried about, exactly?

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 12.27.41 PM.png

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
ahahahahaha

youre over a year late if you're trying for a troll
9 pages of "its too expensive, i have no intention of buying one but im going to whinge about it anyway" talk in this thread
https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/new-casio-frogman-does-worth-high-price-4486965.html

If it is the same as my mudman internally or has some quality internal components?

who cares how its made inside, its digital so its plastic and its a solar screwback, you'll more than likely never need to open it. if you do, at worse, itll be at maybe the 20 year mark for a battery change. if youre wearing it every day, beating the snot out of it, buy 3 bezels and 1 band to tie you over for 40years, if youre wearing it sparingly maybe just 1 bezel and 1x band to treat yourself at the 25 year mark for the look and feel of a brand new watch. either way its purely cosmetical since it doesnt affect the watch either way.
so how would your mechanical hold up over 40 years? how many services would it need? what would the on going costs be? what would the cost be to make it look brand new again in 25 years?

·
Registered
309 Posts
ahahahahaha

youre over a year late if you're trying for a troll
9 pages of "its too expensive, i have no intention of buying one but im going to whinge about it anyway" talk in this thread
https://www.watchuseek.com/f17/new-casio-frogman-does-worth-high-price-4486965.html

who cares how its made inside, its digital so its plastic and its a solar screwback, you'll more than likely never need to open it. if you do, at worse, itll be at maybe the 20 year mark for a battery change. if youre wearing it every day, beating the snot out of it, buy 3 bezels and 1 band to tie you over for 40years, if youre wearing it sparingly maybe just 1 bezel and 1x band to treat yourself at the 25 year mark for the look and feel of a brand new watch. either way its purely cosmetical since it doesnt affect the watch either way.
so how would your mechanical hold up over 40 years? how many services would it need? what would the on going costs be? what would the cost be to make it look brand new again in 25 years?

I have the gwf d1000
And i think from my point of view that it is more high end than other g shocks in the quality of the components and the way it is put together..
For example you can find the dial and solar banel of this d-frogman not integral to the crystal as most g shocks . So you can easily disassemble it for customizable...
There is a thick rubber plate between the case back and the module ,thicker than any g shock .
For sure the module must be plastic as it is a digital watch .
But every part inside this d-frog is easily accessible...
This is my favourite g shock ever ...
If anyone hesitating, this is the rolex of g shocks ...

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have the gwf d1000
Ok, now I can't make sense of this anymore... I have no idea what the point of this thread is

Are you bashing the frogman? Are you doubting it? Are you praising it? Are you wondering if its worth the price AFTER having bought it?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have the gwf d1000
Ok, now I can't make sense of this anymore... I have no idea what the point of this thread is

Are you bashing the frogman? Are you doubting it? Are you praising it? Are you wondering if its worth the price AFTER having bought it?
It seems that you have a misunderstanding
This thread doesn't belong to me
I have the gwf d1000 and i am saying that it has the best quality of all g shocks..

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Can you find the frogman equal and comparable in quality to something like the seiko tuna quartz 300m or the orient saturation diver?
They all are in the same price range
Is it wise to pay 1100$ for a gshock watch or spend it on a tuna watch or orient SAT watch?
I am not against casio
I have the dw5600 and mudman
It is not wise to spend that much money on any watch. There are cheaper watches or for that money get yourself a high end diving computer?

What is wrong with adhesive tapes? If you don't like any organic compound materials and prefer the few grams of metal in a Tuna then go for it.

Before buying a frogman you have to like the frogman.. no point to get one otherwise.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts