WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
281 - 300 of 339 Posts

·
Registered
16,955 Posts
Need help. I found the model WT 1250 when I look this up it says the bezel and links are solid 18K I scratch tested a link and it passed ButI’m still questioning it.
These came in a Solid Gold variant.
What are you questioning about it?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
784 Posts
These came in a Solid Gold variant.
What are you questioning about it?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Did they tho? I've heard claims they were solid gold. But so far, the ones I've found, were just gold filled . Very thick gold tho. Bezels are solid gold. But the links don't appear to be. But obviously I haven't tested every single link to find out for sure. But I can show you examples of these links, where the gold is worn all the way through. I even have some examples where the gold is almost non existent, around where the screw rod is.

·
Registered
16,955 Posts
Did they tho? I've heard claims they were solid gold. But so far, the ones I've found, were just gold filled . Very thick gold tho. Bezels are solid gold. But the links don't appear to be. But obviously I haven't tested every single link to find out for sure. But I can show you examples of these links, where the gold is worn all the way through. I even have some examples where the gold is almost non existent, around where the screw rod is.
Yes.
In the early 2000's there were a number of models produced in solid 18k gold variants.

The WT1250-BD0555 was one of these.
Re
A specific midsize model specifically produced with solid gold components.

Probably targeting the female market.

Most others in the range were 10 micron gold plate.

^^ tells the truth on Internet forums
So many watches, So little time...

·
Registered
784 Posts
Yes.
In the early 2000's there were a number of models produced in solid 18k gold variants.

The WT1250-BD0555 was one of these.
Re
A specific midsize model specifically produced with solid gold components.

Probably targeting the female market.

Most others in the range were 10 micron gold plate.

That's the thing. What differentiates the solid gold from the gold filled?

·
Registered
16,955 Posts
That's the thing. What differentiates the solid gold from the gold filled?
I'm not aware of any gild-filled offerings from this era.

As far as I am aware, they offered solid gold or gold plated only.

The gold plate was relatively thick, but only applied to visible surfaces so is quite easy to differentiate.

I'm happy to be proved wrong if you have evidence that shows otherwise?

^^ tells the truth on Internet forums

·
Registered
784 Posts
I'm not aware of any gild-filled offerings from this era.

As far as I am aware, they offered solid gold or gold plated only.

The gold plate was relatively thick, but only applied to visible surfaces so is quite easy to differentiate.

I'm happy to be proved wrong if you have evidence that shows otherwise?

I have a bunch of links from that series. Some spots you can see the steel showing through, from factory but only in hidden spots. Before that, I only noticed steel showing through in the holes where the screw head would go. And of course, I have links from when I repaired someones watch, where the gold on top, has worn completely through. Gold filled, not gold plate. Very thick, and you can polish out very deep scratches. I used to always think they were all solid gold, and sold as such. Then I realized that they aren't solid gold, or at least, aren't all solid gold. I've yet to see confirmation that the bracelet itself was solid gold at any point. No adverts of such. I would also like to be proven wrong tho, as my inventory would be worth a lot more, if I can confirm what's solid and what's gold filled....

I've yet to see any special designations for the watches or the bracelets, to differentiate which would be solid gold and which isn't. I wish there was more info out there. Have there been any clasps that have 18K on them? I know back cases on some models, will say 18K if the bezel and such is gold.

·
Registered
784 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
The bracelet and model numbers are the standard ones for the two tone LINKS. If I can figure out something that can tell them apart... That would be great.
First pic was from a watch I repaired. Appears solid gold, except for that link, that got worn down. Hard to tell from the pic, but it took A LOT of wear to get deep enough to see it. The other ones are new old stock, and show through on the hidden spots. Bracelets and watches had no differentiating features aside from that.

281 - 300 of 339 Posts