WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
301 - 320 of 339 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Gorgeous! Anyone have any strap makers for their S/ELs?

I've purchased from WatchStrapWorld before when their shipping prices weren't as much as the straps to Canada. The quality of the Buffalo S/EL strap is pretty good! I've had it for over 5 years and it only has wear around the hole where I use it on.

·
3,271 Posts
Gorgeous! Anyone have any strap makers for their S/ELs?

I've purchased from WatchStrapWorld before when their shipping prices weren't as much as the straps to Canada. The quality of the Buffalo S/EL strap is pretty good! I've had it for over 5 years and it only has wear around the hole where I use it on.

My S/EL still has its original leather strap, but it does not have holes. It's a deplyant clasp. I'm actually not sure where to get a replacement when I need one.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Picked up a NOS two tone S/EL bracelet off classifieds in Canada. A dealer in Montreal was letting go part of their NOS Stock. So fortunate to have found this one, as S/EL straps/bracelets are extremely hard to find and are $$$$ when they come available for sale.

My S35.406 has always been on Brown S/EL Leather straps since it was purchased new at a Bermuda AD in 1991. This is the first time it has been on a bracelet! Enjoying it so far. Thought it would be fun to share!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Picked up a NOS two tone S/EL bracelet off classifieds in Canada. A dealer in Montreal was letting go part of their NOS Stock. So fortunate to have found this one, as S/EL straps/bracelets are extremely hard to find and are $$$$ when they come available for sale.

My S35.406 has always been on Brown S/EL Leather straps since it was purchased new at a Bermuda AD in 1991. This is the first time it has been on a bracelet! Enjoying it so far. Thought it would be fun to share!

Definitely a nice find! Although some find this era of tag heuer design to be dated, I always thought it was simply unique. There is not a more comfortable and durable case / bracelet design in the sport/elegance segment.

In fact, I recently picked up a WG5113 Chronometer SEL, and I am really enjoying it as well. It was very iconic in its day:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I recently picked up a WG5113 Chronometer SEL
Nice, I have a WG5114-PO, blue-dialled Chronometer. Heavy little bugger but really comfortable to wear and slips under the cuff easily too.

Wrist shot, or it didn't happen:

Reactions: Black5

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Definitely a nice find! Although some find this era of tag heuer design to be dated, I always thought it was simply unique. There is not a more comfortable and durable case / bracelet design in the sport/elegance segment.

In fact, I recently picked up a WG5113 Chronometer SEL, and I am really enjoying it as well. It was very iconic in its day:

View attachment 15796329
Gorgeous model! I wore the watch with the bracelet 4 days in a row and I'm stunned how comfortable it is! I've never had that watch on a bracelet before, just the leather straps. What a difference! I'm sure I'll wear it more now with the bracelet. Very happy with it, makes it a whole new watch!

·
Registered
16,938 Posts

Since we seem to be in an S/EL kind of mood...

SoOoO many watches SoOoO little time...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Gorgeous model! I wore the watch with the bracelet 4 days in a row and I'm stunned how comfortable it is! I've never had that watch on a bracelet before, just the leather straps. What a difference! I'm sure I'll wear it more now with the bracelet. Very happy with it, makes it a whole new watch!
These SEL styles are definitely both comfortable and substantial - thin and smooth, yet they have a satisfying heft to them. I wear mine almost every day - I don't have to worry about dinging, scraping, smearing, scratching, etc. The brushed case is hard to mar, and its thin, rounded case edges seem to blunt the effects of any mishaps ;)

I just had mine serviced ($350) and it's running like new. I love the ETA 2892 - it's a pleasure to wind when needed, and the chronometer performance is very satisfying as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Since we seem to be in an S/EL kind of mood...

SoOoO many watches SoOoO little time...
Another nice one!...looks like we have some chronographs out there. I was eye balling the chronograph as well. I like chronographs, but most are too large or bulky. These old SEL chronographs are a perfect size, though, which makes them more desirable to me.

There is a lot to be said for keeping a watch under 40mm....lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow...an original owner watch - nice! Looks fantastic, and it doesn't need much more than a light polish to the bezel (not even very necessary) - the watch looks fantastic!

301 - 320 of 339 Posts