WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was 4 years ago and i hadn't a clue about watches at all and wasn't even interested in them, but while browsing the internet, i came across an image of the Oris Meistertaucher regulator. From that point on, i was hooked on Diving watches. Some years later and 20 or more watches down the line ( some are still with me and many are long gone) I am proud to say i will soon be the owner of the Brand that started it all. On its way to me as I type this is an Oris Aquis Date, Black Dial. I had a watch up for trade and was offered the Oris in exchange. There was no way I could refuse such an offer so of course I said yes. It should be with me by early next week and I can't wait.
Mine has the bracelet and I'm more of a Rubber strap fan, so to those who have both, how does the Rubber stand up? I'm about to order one and would love some feedback from those that own one.
Thanks,

Jay.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
You have a nice collection already, and you will be very happy with your new Aquis.
It was my first Oris, and because of it I ended up buying my Maldives.
The rubber band is great, good quality and comfy.
I bought the bracelet after getting the watch anyway, since I wanted to have a titanium one!
Here is my Maldives with another piece that I love, being checked by our cat!

IMG_4785.JPG

·
Registered
60,608 Posts
My rubber strap is only about 6 months old so I can't really comment on it's longevity. I have heard that the Oris rubber straps are some of the best you can get and boy oh boy are they comfortable. Congrats on the Aquis by the way.

·
Registered
42 Posts
After two years of lusting over a few Oris models my awesome fiance picked a Aquis Titan Small Second Ti as a gift which I received this weekend...AWESOME and worth every second of the very long wait.

·
Banned
2,210 Posts
You have a nice collection already, and you will be very happy with your new Aquis.
It was my first Oris, and because of it I ended up buying my Maldives.
The rubber band is great, good quality and comfy.
I bought the bracelet after getting the watch anyway, since I wanted to have a titanium one!
Here is my Maldives with another piece that I love, being checked by our cat!

View attachment 1135876
Awesome shot.. but mostly because of the cat haha :-! :-d

Reactions: Fomenko

·
Banned
2,210 Posts
After two years of lusting over a few Oris models my awesome fiance picked a Aquis Titan Small Second Ti as a gift which I received this weekend...AWESOME and worth every second of the very long wait.
Fantastic gift :) I want the Maldives.. but will have to wait for a bit longer.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
She finally arrived and I couldn't be happier. So happy at last to have an Oris in the rotation.
Here's a quick pick from this morning.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373120132.502407.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts