WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I posted last year around this time, now on 2 years wearing the Oreint Mako. The watch looks new as the day I bought it and has held up great cosmetically. The mineral crystal is good and no noticeable scratches. The lume is awesome and is readable at anytime during the night. I wear this watch 7x24 for about 40 weeks out of the year so that tells you how durable this watch is. I estimate 15,000+ hours of runtime on this 469 movement. Don't hesitate getting one, you won't be disappointed!

mako.jpg

·
Registered
584 Posts
I was never a big dive watch fan- I'm not a diver and I prefer more dressy/retro designs but.....I needed a rainy day watch and, coming to this forum, I started to appreciate the dive watch style. I was thinking about getting a Christopher Ward Trident but in the meantime I got a Mako from an Amazon Black Friday deal for $75. $75 how could I resist? I realize Chris Ward and a Mako are on different levels and all that but I really like the Mako and I think I'll save my money and stick with it. I can already tell that it will be my go-to beater- wear it in the rain, no problem, to the beach, no problem. It does everything I wanted a diver for and if it breaks, it's not the end of the world. Plus it is the perfect size for me and it looks sharp on a black Zulu with a thin red stripe. I'm becoming an Orient fanboy because I keep picking up cheap Orients and they keep exceeding my expectations. There are a bunch of reviews on blogs that normally review high end watches where they take a look at a Bambino or other Orient and have to admit that they are really fine watches. Wearing an Orient, you feel like you are in on a secret.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The blue Mako was my first foray into true watch collecting, and even though I've expanded my collection, I find myself staring at the dial of my Mako more than any of my other watches. It's just a really well executed watch.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
It's a great watch and I still have mine after 3 years..... but i wouldn't call the lume awesome.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have been trying to sell my mako xl and ray. Both blue dials. Just can't post the pictures and pull the trigger - quality vs price is too high on the quality side. uploadfromtaptalk1422972393844.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts