WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you don't know, I tend to enjoy orange G's. Which also means I'm into the MIRO and G-Rescue series. :p

MIRO full box.jpg

I've been after this last one for a year now. They just don't seem to pop up that often. :-|

MIRO Booklet.jpg

Out of nowhere it popped up on Rakuten of all places! No bidding, just one for sale. The weird part is the translator used the word "mint". Not "like new in box" or "perfect" or anything else. I was worried. And the pics weren't that great. In for a penny in for a pound.;-)

MIRO Box.jpg

It took 2 days just to find out if i got it before FJ finally said it was my purchase which got it! i doubt it was up for even 3hrs.

I had planned ahead as the my previous two MIRO's came in pretty well hammered. I worked with Keith @ tiktox to get spare resin for this one as I was noticing a pattern on my purchases. :roll:

MIRO Asphyxiated.jpg

Believe it or not, even when it arrived on island, the local post office put up the notice "not deliverable to address" and they never even tried! I went to the post office and it was already in the "Back to Sender" area! This has been my most difficult watch to get and I almost lost in the last mile!!! :rodekaart

MIRO with tags.jpg

MINT!!!!!!!! If I could choose any of them to come in perfect, it is this one. Needless to say I am very happy! :-!

MIRO Money SHot.jpg

If you know, then you know I've got an old thread to resurrect and complete. There is actually another thread before that I need this watch for as well. Been wearing it all day, and looking forward to wearing it quite a bit. Especially as I have spare resin. ..... :)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Huge congrats Chris! What a great addition to the set. I while back I was on the hunt for the Riseman but decided to delay as I new once I'd got one MIRO, I'd want them all. You are not helping matters mate!

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Huge congrats Chris! What a great addition to the set. I while back I was on the hunt for the Riseman but decided to delay as I new once I'd got one MIRO, I'd want them all. You are not helping matters mate!
Oh boy, you are gonna hate me then! In another week or so.

J/k, I hope! Thank you MCZK! You've pulling some crazy stuff yourself! |>

·
Registered
19,608 Posts
Congrats, orange always looks fresh, I once wanted to put an orange bezel on my Riseman but unfortunately the baro eye is red, so I have no other choice than red or black.

Reactions: Chrisek

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Nice!
So this is one that was en route. Only two to go now? You definitively need that Pelican case.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Very nice, love the orange on black... Enjoy wearing it, hope other oranges won't be jelaous of the new model now? :-d

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
wow, this mudman is VERY hard to find, even harder than that silencer that you posted a while back

i feel that you have reached the end of this MIRO with this G, hope you take time to enjoy before moving on to other series

Reactions: Chrisek

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you everyone! You will be seeing more photos shortly, including close ups ;)

The lightning yellow will tap me out for a little bit so I'm not making a whole lot of purchases right now while I save up. In other words, going to be enjoying these.

Agreed, that this one might be considered a grail at some level. Just finding one for sale is tough.

About that orange or yellow pelican. . . . I now have two solars that go in one of the other containers. Not sure if I'm going to get the 2 other orange G's or not (both aviators). We'll see.

Can't wait to see how the "color balance" of my collection turns out at the end of the year with my overall reduction in the collection and the influx of orange and yellow. Should be varied. :beer:

sent with aloha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts