8,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
9,492 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Agreed! I may even be "in" given the reasonable price.

Such a quirky watch. I love Casio. Wearing Casios has become more and more of a statement (living with your time vs living in the past, independent thinking vs sheep like mentality, creativity going hand in hand with rigorous quality requirements, not caring about "showing off" your wealth with flashy brand names etc. etc.). A true "bushido brand" that Japan can be proud of IMO.

Edit: I really sound like a fanboy lol. Which I'm not. Should they change their values / the quality of their products, I'll just go see elsewhere. I used to be a Seiko enthusiast 😉😂

·
Registered
320 Posts
Meh, no real interest on my end, but beyond myself I think this one has the potential to explode amongst enthusiasts.
Agreed. I would not buy it; I would not wear it. To me its a "Hey, look at me, I'm cool, I'm hip, I'm different, I need attention", piece. I feel it's kind of faddish and its popularity will be intense but brief. It may be worn a few times and then it will end up in a drawer.

But, ... there's a wrist for every watch, so who knows ...

🍀 Best Always,
Celt

·
Registered
363 Posts
@celt: it depends how your wear it I guess. It can also say "I don't take myself seriously, let's have fun"...

Reactions: Igorek

·
Registered
363 Posts
Looks better for sure 👌

·
Registered
363 Posts
I prefer Citizen's version of a 'Moon Watch'

View attachment 16184160

Looks great! Citizen is a beautiful brand as well. I just wish they were more innovative/daring sometimes.

On a side note, I agree the "Casioak moon" looks strange, at best. But I find it fun, and for 300$ I'm ok with fun/quirky/not so good looking watches I guess :)

·
Registered
956 Posts
It would be exciting when Casio would come up with an ESA or NASA certified extravehicular activity capable watch.
Not that many of us would actually need those features, but it's nice to brag :D

They have already some certified watches for manned spaceflight, but those have to stay indoors.

·
Registered
363 Posts
If that's your thing then more power to you but it's pretty gaudy 😕
It is 100%!

It would be the cherry on the cake if everything about you is gaudy/vulgar, but if on the contrary you're a more "classy" person, then it can add a touch of fun.

Of course you can't pair it with strange shoes, a strange tie etc. except if you want to look like a clown 😆

1 - 20 of 81 Posts