WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I lied, I have a bunch of Seikos with the same movement. If you consider the 4R36 and NH36 the same, cause they are. Those are all mods though, so that's a whole different set of rules I made up in my head.

·
Vendor
26,204 Posts
Acionna?

This message isn't angry, it's just my thumbs working furiously...

·
Registered
5,064 Posts
Hard to believe it took three pages, and Chris to plug his own watch, for the Acionna to get mentioned.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
For OPs reference, it's the Android Octopus. And there are other versions that don't say "South Beach" on the dial.

Also, Android has renamed themselves Aragon. And I have no idea if there is or will be an Aragon Octopus.
I just meant would folks consider it a "compressor"?

·
Banned
936 Posts
Had the following requirements :-
[1] A vintage looking watch - with yellowish markers - 40-42 mm case
[2] GMT - since I don't own one
[3] Mercedes hands
[4] Compressor design

The Landeron for 200 odd $ from Ebay sold by Alain, who is a very nice person to talk to by the way, has all my needs in a single watch. The build quality and finish is very good and lume decent. I get tonnes of complements for it. I highly recommend this watch.

DSC_0929.jpg

·
Registered
11,870 Posts
I just meant would folks consider it a "compressor"?
"Compressor style"? Yes.

Most, if not all, of the watches mentioned in this thread are not true compressors. A compressor is a case design. As it was mentioned, the most common and affordable contemporary compressor is the Vostok Amphibia[n]. And technically, a G-Shock with a screwed-in case back (four screws, one in each corner) is a compressor.

But compressor has mostly become known as a watch with two offset crowns and an internal rotating bezel. So by that definition, the Android Octopus is definitely a compressor [style].

(And I was just pointing out the model if it caught the OPs attention. And I was also just showing some other variations of the Octopus to get ahead of the South Beach criticism. If it doesn't bother you, it's a good looking model. But watches get criticized and ripped apart for less around here.)

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Had the following requirements :-
[1] A vintage looking watch - with yellowish markers - 40-42 mm case
[2] GMT - since I don't own one
[3] Mercedes hands
[4] Compressor design

The Landeron for 200 odd $ from Ebay sold by Alain, who is a very nice person to talk to by the way, has all my needs in a single watch. The build quality and finish is very good and lume decent. I get tonnes of complements for it. I highly recommend this watch.

View attachment 6974330
I'm looking at these as well, along with just about every other similar styled watch under $500. You have the quartz model and you feel it performs well? Hits the indices? Internal bezel is smooth?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
But watches get criticized and ripped apart for less around here.)
True. That.

Already flipped the Android. But only because it was too much like other watches I already have. I was, in fact, quite impressed with the quality and design. Lume was a little weak, but for the money paid it was a solid timepiece!

·
Banned
936 Posts
@ HerrNano - yes on both counts.

Reactions: HerrNano

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Anyone here in he US have online experience buying a Landeron watch from France?

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Lessee, because of this thread, I have a Poljot Aviator Alarm and a Landeron coming. Already had a Zelos Helmsman and a Helgray Hornet in the pipeline. Just give me all the dual crowns and nobody gets hurt.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts