WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Being WIS's we all know that not all crystals are created equal. I've seen some really crappy blue AR coatings that don't do squat and actually make the dial harder to read. Out of your collection which watch has the most beautiful crystal? Post 'em up! :-!

This is mine....beautiful dome that slides right into the angled bezel, sweet inside purple-ish blue AR that makes the dial pop. You don't really notice any coating at all until you look at the watch from the side. Sorry for the old pic.....

Attachments

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,075 Posts
Here's two that I like for different reasons. The Zenith has a slightly domes television screen shaped crystal with sharp beveled edges. The Invicta has the original bubble style crystal with an under crystal magnifier at 6:00.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Here's two that I like for different reasons. The Zenith has a slightly domes television screen shaped crystal with sharp beveled edges. The Invicta has the original bubble style crystal with an under crystal magnifier at 6:00.
Wow, wonders never cease! That's an Invicta I really like, beautiful!! :-!

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
The domed hesalite crystal on my Revue-Sport 50's -

The domed sapphire crystal (w/ 2-sided A/R coating) on my El Primero -

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,075 Posts
Thanks. It goes back to when Invicta was a real watch company operating in switzerland. I love the Eurostar name and lettering. From the little I know about the Eurostar train, the Invicta model name my predate it by about 10 years. But on the other hand I wonder if there was some tie-in, maybe as a commemorative watch. The back is nicely engraved with the Invicta Seamonster.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
What Crystal??

·
Registered
165 Posts
Wow a dress Invicta.... Never though I'd say this but it's not bad |>

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
When I saw that Invicta I immediately thought of my 1970s Vostok:

... which was also available in chrome with various dial designs.

·
Premium Member
6,328 Posts
Love the old school thick domed crystal on my DSSD and the case edge to edge crystal on the Navitimer is a thing of beauty

si

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Jlc

the domed crystal on the amvox is noteworthy because of the absence of a metal bezel, eg. the crystal edge itself *is* the bezel and sits on top of the SS case.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Re: Jlc

the domed crystal on the amvox is noteworthy because of the absence of a metal bezel, eg. the crystal edge itself *is* the bezel and sits on top of the SS case.
That's an absolute beauty! :p

·
Registered
4,051 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
The Zenith is charming as well as original - what decade is it from?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts