WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found in a shop window in Glasgow, Scotland.

Really?!!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
oh I got one of them with a date... anyone want to buy for a fraction of that price? :). Changing the date on the date model is so different to anything I've seen. To change the date one needs to pull the crown out fully to increment the date by 1, then pushed back and pull out until the desired date.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
oh I got one of them with a date... anyone want to buy for a fraction of that price? :). Changing the date on the date model is so different to anything I've seen. To change the date one needs to pull the crown out fully to increment the date by 1, then pushed back and pull out until the desired date.
You are describing a quick set caliber 564, which came out in 1966. This is about 7 years later than this watch.

Actually, the description is correct. The earliest serial numbers for this model start at 17,000,001, so this would be one of the first 100 examples.

However, this watch would seem to be priced at 40 times it’s value at least.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Omega 'Constillation', what??? That's how you pronounce 'Constellation' after too much consumption of the stuff coming from distillation. And that is priced in Scottish pounds, not always accepted throughout the Kingdom outside Scotland, at least not for the exact equivalent of that amount. Most shops in London refuse to take Scottish Pound bills (but screw tourists with mixing those bills with the change given back).

And besides, would you leave such an expensive item in the shop window after it has been sold? 'Sorry, can't take the watch now, leave it in the shop window but mark it as sold, so noone else buys it.' Perhaps that customer just came back from Islay (Whisky Island).

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I have one of those, made by Bulova. Going around 30 days from the 5th to the 4th of the month for example is a sure way to mess up the date disk. That had to be fixed once ($$$) and I won't do more than one or two days forward that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts