WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As many of you remember just prior to the watch u seek site crash, I posted the outline of a drop test that I was planning. To sum it up I was going to drop my G-2310 from the 25th floor of a hotel in downtown Toronto onto a section of bare concrete that is not used by the general public. Some said that I would be scavanging for its remains while others said that it would survive! I am happy to say that the watch survived the fall and is still intact. The bezel suffered some damage but nothing warranting a bezel change. I was very certain that it would survive but was expecting some piece of the watch to brake off. These watches truly are "wrist tanks". Pics of the aftermath below ;-)

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Well done!

I knew it would make it.
Al

Reactions: Make Ranger

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks, G-Shock.

The experiment is a real testimony to the toughness of a G. You should write to Casio and let them know about your great results. :-!

I discovered the forums had crashed when I tried to find out how the test had gone, only to receive an error message. :-X:-:)-X:-:)-X:-:)-X

Frank

·
Registered
137 Posts
I wonder how my MRG 7100 will do in a test like this. I think I will attempt to drop mine also when it comes in later this month. I bet it will hold up just as well as the plastic one did.

I plan on dropping if off the bed onto a large feather pillow and I bet it comes through without a scratch. :-!

I will post photos of this test later.

David

·
Registered
181 Posts
What a tough incarnation of a watch!!!!

Anything that can desroy the watch will also destroy your arm.

G-Shocks are as tough as it gets, try a rugged R...x next time for comparison ;-)

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
you know G Shock, this could be fun....maybe we could all send you stuff to throw off the Royal York roof and you could post on it every week......now, my friend was quite interested in your chuckin' stuff hobbie.........you see........he has this mother-in-law...........and............. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Timothy Patrick said:
you know G Shock, this could be fun....maybe we could all send you stuff to throw off the Royal York roof and you could post on it every week......now, my friend was quite interested in your chuckin' stuff hobbie.........you see........he has this mother-in-law...........and............. ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)
:-D

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I assumed 25 floors, 3 meter between floors, hence 75 meter drop.

Ok, object dropped from 75 meters with no air resistance is hitting ground at 33 m/s or 118.8 KMh.

Granted object is light and small so air resistace was small as well, pretty safe to assume that impact speed was around 110 Km h (for our American friends that should be roughly 70 mph).

Now, not too many objects out there that can hit a concrete wall at 70 mph and survive relatively undamaged... ;-)

·
G-Shock Mod
13,943 Posts
ok then

next i want to try to drive 70mph on the freeway, and then throw my G2310 out of the window and see how it survive ...

the difficult part would be to recover the watch without being run over by big rig ... lol haha

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I knew the watch would have continued to work after the drop based on other tortur test but I was convinced that a button or something would have broken off. The bezel as you could see did suffer some serious scaring. I am going to perform a pressure test on the watch sometime this week. I have frozen this thing over and over and it has been in the ocean quite a few times over the course of 3.5 years. Curious if it will pass the 20 bar test!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Place the eqivalent average weight of a human wrist and hand inside the strap and try it again. Simple physics indicates that the results may be a bit different.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts