WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vendor
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its part of our effort to restructure our processes and the company so that we can be more responsive. For the Kingston in particular, albeit a bit late, it will allow me to centralize the information better so that it is more accessible to everyone. I am trying to take lessons learned from the Kingston process to adjust and improve the way that I manage pre-order processes. The new blog is going to be much easier to update and manage, which I hope, will mean that I will be able to update everyone more frequently.

Relying on our e-commerce site and the old blog to provide updates was becoming impractical given the pace of work. The e-commerce site requires a lot of hands on coding to update. The old blog's structure was too out of date to allow me to manage such a large volume of information.

The change over is being initiated later today by our contractor. It may take several days for everyone's local ISP databases to be refreshed so don't be alarmed if you can't see the new blog right away.

·
Vendor
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
New blog is up and running. Because it takes time for the new site to cascade through the Internet I can't even see it yet but I am told it is visible to some in the US already.

I hope you guys like it and please let me know what you think....

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'm not seeing anything but a 404 error message. Ain't we basically pretty close that I should have it if others in US are getting it? What can I do from my end? Empty my DNS cache or something?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Re: Bill cant see it yet and he is in the US...I am going to sleep and check in the AM....

I'm in. As you said, Bill, it's not quite so much a "blog" as a "Brand Site", which is more comprehensive but may take folks a little getting used to when it comes to navigating it.

When you all get into the site, I would look at the large MkII logo on the left hand side, then just underneath that are the words "Watch Collections", "MkII", "Et Cetera", "News", "Contact Us" and "E-Boutique". Make sure you look at each of these first, because they will send you off to different parts of what would have been the old blog.

Once we get used to it, it looks like the communication portal is easier, and the site is organized thematically instead of linearly. I'll play with it off and on for a few days, but it looks like an improvement overall. Thanks, Bill, and thank your technology gnome as well.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Re: Bill cant see it yet and he is in the US...I am going to sleep and check in the AM....

The new blog looks great.

·
Registered
467 Posts

I'm in. Looks good. Excellent job. Nice to see more watches featured within this new page.

·
Registered
277 Posts

I am in too. Looks great. Thanks Bill

·
Registered
4,526 Posts

Thanks Bill,

The site works for me, and I like the look of it.

Cheers

Peter

·
Registered
805 Posts

Forgive my ignorance but what is the url of the Blog please? :blush:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks Bill.
The new site looks great!

Kingston Picture ( Limited Editions & Series site )
looks like a wrong picture-trim around the crown and the bracelet. ( at the bottom, right).

Maybe someone can fix this little bug.

Dietmar

·
Premium Member
5,539 Posts

The site looks nice but the "blog" updates section itself, the reason for the page existing, is quite inconspicuous and somewhat difficult to find. I never did find it on my iPhone at lunch. I did manage to find it now that I am home on my PC. I think the updates section is the reason people would visit the blog and should be the focus of the page, or at least listed more prominently.

·
Registered
467 Posts

After I played with the site for a minute, I feel the same about the "blog" as you do.
The site looks nice but the "blog" updates section itself, the reason for the page existing, is quite inconspicuous and somewhat difficult to find. I never did find it on my iPhone at lunch. I did manage to find it now that I am home on my PC. I think the updates section is the reason people would visit the blog and should be the focus of the page, or at least listed more prominently.

·
Registered
159 Posts

I think that the reason for the update was to make it easier for MKII to update the site and information in general. If all you care about is Kingston updates there is not a page just for that:
Kingston: Project Updates

·
Registered
89 Posts

To Bill if you are reading.

For the new blog, here are a couple of ways of tracking updates, maybe on a weekly basis. I've used sequencing numbers for my mock-up to the best of my understanding, regarding the info we've received via the Mk II forum, the old blog and personal emails from Mk. II; e.g., these are subject to your corrections and these are just suggestions.

Method 1, after each batch of 10 Kingstons is completed and shipped, update the blog at the end of the week by listing the date:
Kingston Order Sequence Mock-up v1.jpg

Method 2, instead of dates, periodically (end of the week) shade the order numbers completed and shipped:
Kingston Order Sequence Mock-up v2.jpg

Taking into account that there are other orders than the Kingston, I understand that other things are taking place between batches and that can be the caveat for customers. Accordingly, no firm dates are given if you'll notice, just completed indicators to help customers see what place in line they are in. I put this together in Excel, which I can email over if you want.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts