WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure there will be some grumbling; there always is when big changes happen.

Since this happened at The Watch Site(SCWF), I've gotten used to it and have very litle to complain about.
It is actually a little bit slicker than the old setup and I'm sure that all who persevere will come to enjoy it. (y)(y)

·
Registered
127 Posts
I’m liking it so far – long time reader of the site, new member. I’m also glad that the weirdness I was seeing for a few days seems to have been a temporary product of the switchover.

·
Registered
249 Posts
It's light-years faster and more stable and that alone makes it a good upgrade. There's some tweaking to improve usability but it looks like the site administrators and developers are happy to listen to suggestions and work with people.

·
Administrator
4,820 Posts
Can I ask a huge favor of y'all? :)

Can we keep all feedback, questions, concerns, requests for help, etc.regarding the new platform in our Community Feedback thread rather than starting new threads?

The reason this is important is that we will be seeing weekly updates (approximately) that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers. By keeping all of the information in one thread, we can help make sure that we don't miss anything.

- Cricket

·
Registered
693 Posts
Several years back the Photo.net forum upgraded too. Eventually everyone go used to it. Easier, faster, etc. It WAS time for Watchuseek to upgrade, too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Can we keep all feedback, questions, concerns, requests for help, etc.regarding the new platform in our Community Feedback thread rather than starting new threads?

The reason this is important is that we will be seeing weekly updates (approximately) that are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers. By keeping all of the information in one thread, we can help make sure that we don't miss anything.

- Cricket
Sorry if I put this in the wrong place. Please move it to where it belongs. I won't be upset; honest (y)(y)

·
Registered
580 Posts

- Cricket
Sorry to have to ask this. I can't find my private messages anywhere on the site since the change. Where do I find them. Help! Thanks, Gary

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,031 Posts
I'll say this...it's peppy as heck.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I love the snappiness and functionality of the new site, e.g. resizing attached pictures is now a breeze, but I very much miss the charismatic feel of the old site.

Reactions: Alpha-Getty

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I love the snappiness and functionality of the new site, e.g. resizing attached pictures is now a breeze, but I very much miss the charismatic feel of the old site.
When the header gets upgraded to reflect the look of this forum, I think a lot of people will feel better about it. Accepting change is hard for some and, sadly, impossible for others.
Then there are folks like us who embrace change (y)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts