WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1986 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
New image of the tritium watch is up on Gerlach's facebook page.

Looking very sharp! The case and crown seem to have a slight resemblance to the Seiko 62mas.

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New image of the tritium watch is up on Gerlach's facebook page.

Looking very sharp! The case and crown seem to have a slight resemblance to the Seiko 62mas.
Nice and clean.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

·
Registered
254 Posts
There may be a new update on the Tritium watch but the last I heard from Chris, there is no definite timeline for this one. Chris can correct me if I'm wrong. I really love the watch and hope to see some progress on that.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Any ideas on when the fixed FOKAs are shipping out? I never even got to see mine.....

Ps. I would consider just renaming this thread "part 2" instead of "new".

Sent via Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Any ideas on when the fixed FOKAs are shipping out? I never even got to see mine.....

Ps. I would consider just renaming this thread "part 2" instead of "new".

Sent via Tapatalk
I understand that there were just two watches that were not even shipped..... Yours and mine......... Is there anything like a" watch waiting brother "?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
6,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think I can edit the thread title.

Feel free to make a mod request, or perhaps someone will do it if they read the thread.

I feel for you guys waiting on your Foka repairs, though that's a kind of good problem to have (Like us gentlefolk waiting on our 303s) . ;-)

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
I understand that there were just two watches that were not even shipped..... Yours and mine......... Is there anything like a" watch waiting brother "?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Haha just our luck eh? As long as I get it soon, it'll be all good. We also now don't have to deal with shipping it back, so not too shabby.

I don't think I can edit the thread title.

Feel free to make a mod request, or perhaps someone will do it if they read the thread.

I feel for you guys waiting on your Foka repairs, though that's a kind of good problem to have (Like us gentlefolk waiting on our 303s) . ;-)
All good bro. Here on tapatalk, its really easy. So I was just curious.....

Heard that. Hope we all get our satisfaction soon.

Sent via Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I joined this forum after seeing the other G Gerlach thread. Very beautiful watches, it convinced me to order an ORP Dzik last week. Michal was very helpful after Paypal blocked the transfer because they thought it was suspicious. Great company and I am happy to support them.

--Joe

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Oooo here you all are, hiding ;-)
Thanks for doing my job Louis - I was supposed to open the new thread today :)

At least I can make some summary in first post ;-)

So, leaving behind the introduction - as you all know us already - let me focus on the things that we had, have, or will have, in offer.

PZL P.11c tributed watch :

This is a 44 mm cased watch that is very special for us, as it is our first, and non-commercial project. With only 70 pcs produced, became a rare bird and one of very desired collecting pieces. Sold out.

ORP Dzik and ORP sokol tributed divers :

Both, are 42 mm without a crown, with swirling lugs. Sapphire crystal. Sea Gull ST2551 automatic movement. Limitation 300 pcs of Dzik and 300 pcs of Sokol.
Avaiable.

303. Fighter Squadron Project :

Another very special project. This is the forst ever produced in Poland serial modificated movement. Basing on ST2551, we have changed it to the hand winded one, with spring&barrel modification, calibrating, extending power reserve up to 52h. Limitation 99 pcs.
Sold out.

F.O.K.A. Project :

Another yearly edition for www.chinawatches.pl forum, this is a 2012 model. This is a solid 42 mm diver watch, with bi-directional bezel and colourfull luminous. Again, ST2551 movement.
Sold out.

Otago series divers :

Same case as F.O.K.A., with different bezel finish. Sapphire crystall with AR coating. Sea Gull ST2551. Limitation 250 pcs for each colour that will be produced, with orange and graphite versions ready. This watches are in pre-ordering now, deliveries will start just after we will fix the issue with the bezel mechanism, that came out too loose and must be perfected.
In preorder.

m/s Batory series, that shares the overall case shape with 303 project. This beautifull watch shows the marine history of Polish sealiner. A 40 mm diameter, sapphire crystal with AR coating, and automatic Sea Gull ST2526 movement with sub-second, and with big date in one of the variants.

This model will be presented in steel in December I hope, so we can start the pre-orderings then.

RWD-6 series.
Another pilot's styled watch, a bit extraordinary concerning the colours&size. It is again 40 mm casual case with sapphire glass that has the AR coating. Sea Gull ST2551, or ST2526 movements.

Avaiability - same story as m/s Batory.

Navigator series :

This is an elegant, inner ringed design with 42 mm, dual crowned case. Sapphire crystall with AR coating, and automatic Sea Gull ST2551 movement.

Prototype is sheduled for December.

Trithium watch series :

This 42 mm cased watch is our idea of an „each day carried" piece, this is why we have combined a trithium tubes illumination with rotating bezel that can be used for GMT function. Sea Gull ST2551, as always ;-) … This watch will be ready for public in January 2013.

In 2013, we will start with the chronographs, this is one of the models we will present :

It will be watch dedicted to PZL P.37 - one of the best theatre bombers when produced in early '30s of XX century.

As for a 303 progress - we have new dials produced.

The new one is on the left, with a bit more vintage toned colour. Now waiting for the hands and case.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Nice ones, Chris! The chrono and RWD 6 look extra nice.

Now, how about that tank watch you were considering doing... :)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Will the 303 crown still have red lines painted on it?

I think 42mm is ideal for a watch; however, a 44mm watch from G. Gerlach (like the pilot watch) would be great. Perhaps the Tank watch? (Just a suggestion...;-))

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Will the 303 crown still have red lines painted on it?

I think 42mm is ideal for a watch; however, a 44mm watch from G. Gerlach (like the pilot watch) would be great. Perhaps the Tank watch? (Just a suggestion...;-))
Actually, we have two "tank" watches in mind right now. One is a very classic design with its roots back in the '30 of XX century again. There is a great story to be told - it is a story of major Rudolf Gundlach, the designer of rotary periscope. This item, patented back in 1936, was granted later to the Vickers-Armstrong, becoming Vickers Tank Periscope Mk. IV, that equipped functionally ALL british tanks, ie. Cromwell, Crusader, Churchill and Valentine ... what more, as the periscopes were sized by the Axis forces - Romania, and Soviet forces, and becamed Sovied MK-4 periscope used in T-70 and T-34 tanks! Same time, it was copied in all Axis designes, that included tanks and APCs made in Romania, Finland, Italy, Japan (!) and Hungary ... Last, but not least, technology transferred by the Vickers-Armstrong to the USA became a M6 periscope, used in Stuart's and Sherman's ! This all camed out from the 1936 patent registered by mjr. Gundlach - a Pole who is barely known even in Poland.... :-( So we are about to change that ;-)

The second one applies to less distant times, but we must first finish all paperwork here to be allowed to show it, even as the idea ;-)

And no red paint will be on the final 303 crown :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi everyone - been following the G. Gerlach thread for a couple of weeks since finding it while looking for an affordable auto. Great and original looking watches, limited numbers and a story behind them. So impressed with Chris and teams attitude to customer service and such great communication in this thread and via PM that I pulled the trigger yesterday on an ORP Sokol :-!
Now that impatient wait until it arrives!!

1 - 20 of 1986 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.