WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can't believe I am the first one to get this as others on WUS have been talking about it before I knew it existed which is why I figured many others had these coming before I ordered mine from Rakuten not long ago. Anyways....

Right out of the packaging from Japan:

The unveiling:

The money shot:

The obligatory wrist shot:

So very sexy and stealthy!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Looks good, I'm glad they added the logo back on the strap... and if the only put the ''G-SHOCK II'' back on the bezel, why did they removed it in the first place? But that's for another topic lol

Great looking watch, enjoy wearing it. I'm a big fan of 5500, they wear just perfect. I hope we will see more of them on the forum in the next months, the positive display with grey buttons is also very nice.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Congratulations! Is the visibility of the negative display as good in person as it looks in your photo's?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems pretty good compared to all the other negative displays I have on my G's, although I don't really have any problem ever reading them except maybe in pitch black or at night but that's when I would normally use the backlight.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Are there even models of the G5500 series that have a strap WITHOUT the logo? That is one thing I wish I could find without it printed on it. Weird you say glad they brought it back as if it ever left. I've been trying to find a strap without the "Shock Resist" printed logo as it is distracting, especially on a watch meant for stealth.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
This is a great piece for stealth and 5500 series lovers...

People have complained about the lack of a stealth or plain black 5500 series. And now we have it. But still many are not going for it because it is JDM only and are suffering from what we can call Anniversary congestion:

congestion-funny.jpg

People need to spend so much money on the Anniversary and collaboration pieces that they find it difficult to squeeze in this and some other pieces within their wallets limit:

tight-parking-space-funny.jpg

:-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nah, I fell for that hype with the GW5000 and they are just trophy pieces to me and not actual watches I can wear. I like the DLC coated parts as it looks sexy, but the screwback has too many drawbacks: 1) removing it WILL leave marks on the nubs, 2) removing it will void warranty, 3) removing it will prevent the waterproof-ness, 4) screwback makes the watch clunkier and heavier. Some people like that but I dont.

Looks great but give me a screwback DLC coated.. and I would be all over it!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Variety is the spice of life... :)

Nah, I fell for that hype with the GW5000 and they are just trophy pieces to me and not actual watches I can wear. I like the DLC coated parts as it looks sexy, but the screwback has too many drawbacks: 1) removing it WILL leave marks on the nubs, 2) removing it will void warranty, 3) removing it will prevent the waterproof-ness, 4) screwback makes the watch clunkier and heavier. Some people like that but I dont.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Congrats, extremely beautiful watch! To expensive for my taste and I wish it was an international release so prices would go down eventually.
I will make due with my G-5500 and GW-5525A.

Wouldn't mind some more pictures though :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
I had been watching the price of this model for a few days. I have wanted a G/GW/GLX-5500 for awhile but have never seemed to be able to find one in the color that I wanted, until now. I placed my order last night and it looks like it is already on the way from the land of the rising sun. Assuming it doesn't get stuck in customs, I might even have it by the end of the week.

·
Registered
835 Posts
It was slightly over a week, thanks to my office being closed on the weekends, but looks like I am now part of the 5500 owners club:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts