WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I see the IWC has a amazing range off pilots watches called the Spitfire line but boy they are expensive as expected, but Im also concidering one to join my IWC big pilots watch! I like the Spitfire chronograph. I'd love to see some IWC watches so show the if you have them!

Sent from my CPH1835 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it looks good but don't like the name because no watch could look less like a Spitfire or have less inspiration from a Spitfire. It's like the next one will be called the SR-71 because it has a black dial.
Lol true there's not much Spitfire insperation regarding the watches looks but I still love the chronograph model.

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Not sure these are all that "stunning", rather, looks like more of the similar/same--like their simpler dials, such as the UTC--would never consider them for a chrono.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I think they're a great addition to their existing collections to offer more choices for everyone; these seem to be very military/vintage/pure tool watch, a bit too much for me, but I do like the 3-hander and its 39mm case.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice to see some lovely chronograph IWC watches. This is the one I'm look at getting and as said I'm glad they have their own in house movement

·
Premium Member
4,543 Posts
I actually like the color that resembles faux patina. It’s a softer, less “in your face” color than white or green, and matches the black dial nicely.

I’m not sure how much the in-house movement will do for this watch. The dial still looks like a 7750 is behind it. And that 7750 was a solid movement. I believe that ETA provided their top movement to IWC and built it to IWC’s specifications.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Still waiting for an ND version of the basic 3 hand Mark Xxx series:(

Reactions: p_mcgee

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree about the 7750 movement and I've had two watches now using it and they were always reliable and accurate.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts