WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2223 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's time to start a thread covering the latest reissue, Seiko Samurai. The black dial on bracelet is supposed to launch in June, the other 3 versions in August/September. I reckon it will become bigger than turtle reissue and the manlike myself is aiming for the pepsi on rubber. So who's got one on preorder and which one?

SRPB51K1

SRPB49K1

SRPB53K1

SRPB55K1

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
I'm not even kidding, I may end up with all of them. As an LE owner, I am absolutely in love with this new Samurai.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Yes! We need this thread! After owning the BL Sammy I have to get the black dial SRPB51K1. I'll probably become by new daily beater.

I don't know how popular the new Samurai will be, but I hope Strapcode or someone will make bracelets with an end piece that fits in between the lug like the 007. I think it will look kickass with super engineer. Kinda reminds me of Stowa Prodiver.
4964568_review-stowa-seatime-prodiver_tb27e4a66.jpg

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
I like 'em OK; i hear they are kinda big so there's the possibility i totally pass... if i'm not into something else come next purchase time and i can reconcile the size (i'm pretty forgiving) i could see myself MAYBE going for the standard black one.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I'm not planning on getting one... if Seiko ever does a reissue of these in the orig size not the bigger new size I'd be all over it..

I tried on the BL ltd edition one.. it is quite nice.. I have big enough wrists for it .. but having bought the SRP turtle I know everytime I wore it ..I'd be annoyed Seiko can't resist the urge to make historically big watches bigger with the reissues..

·
Registered
273 Posts
I thought I liked the blue lagoon samurai but the srpb49 and srpb51 are stunning. These new Samurai models are going to be extremely popular imo.

More pics here - https://instagram.com/p/BSBECrCACbh/

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
My favorite is the SRPB049. Not sure however if I will order one upon release. It will probably be way too expensive for a 4R36 diver.

If it is under 400$, I will be tempted, but there are too many misses on this watch to pay more than that (ugly hands vs original Samurai, no 6R15, X on the dial...).

Cheers,

Seb

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5X en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah the movement kind of sucks, they should have gone for 6R15 since they are asking 6R15 money for the watch. Expect these to be 50% off next year.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i got the Blue Lagoon Samurai (pre-ordered) at a local seiko AD at SGD$500 (USD$361). i estimated the prices of the new samurais will be from SGD$340~400 (USD$250~290). hopefully the crown is not off-centered from all the pictures i have seen.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How accurate has it been so far?
I really wanted something fun for the summer and couldn't resist buying one of these even though they were just released and they will inevitably fall in value like other Seiko releases. I think of it as I'm paying to enjoy it for longer! The watch is fantastic!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
How accurate has it been so far?
I'm not one to time my movements but I've never put it on and said, "whoa, that's strange". In other words it has never been so far off that I had to become concerned :)

I would volunteer to time it but I would probably forget. Let me give it a try and let you know.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Very nice looking, I could definitely go for the black one. I have a blue lagoon that I'm going to be selling to buy the black one. The colors are great but I've decided I just like black watches better.

·
Registered
36,279 Posts
Yeah the movement kind of sucks, they should have gone for 6R15 since they are asking 6R15 money for the watch. Expect these to be 50% off next year.
Sort of agree...but at these prices the movement should be way better than a 6r15.

It should be high beat.

1 - 20 of 2223 Posts