WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

2061 - 2080 of 2177 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Decided to pull the trigger. But seiko being seiko again.. chapter ring is not align... I can’t accept this...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Decided to pull the trigger. But seiko being seiko again.. chapter ring is not align... I can’t accept this... View attachment 15450771
How do you like the dial? For me the chapter ring alignment is not an issue, especially when it’s not way off. But the crown issues or very bad bezel alignment bother me. Such a shame though as design wise these watches are gorgeous. 🙁

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Returned and refund granted. Seiko and I are done. I have more than enough.

Lol talk about an over reation bro G, you must be having a bad day :p.
You know the score with Seiko, alignment isnt going to change overnight.
I agree with you, its just not good enough the alignment situation, im not defending it but watch brands are like women.
You think youve found the perfect lady until you find out she has plenty of flaws.
Even the most perfect lady has a few QC issues, its no big deal if you love the rest of the package.
What you gonna do? start buying Christopher Ward or Hamilton divers :p
I'll give you a few days to calm down and come to your senses :cool:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Are samurai bezel really stiff to turn?? Damn I forgot to check the bezel. It got hard to turn around 6 o’clock.. but chapter ring is aligned properly. Found on another shop..

·
Registered
91 Posts
At some lighting the dial is like oil painting. It’s really mesmerizing. To me felt like some Grand seiko level dial..

View attachment 15450935 View attachment 15450936 View attachment 15450937 View attachment 15450938
looks superb.. I’ve been trying to decide between this and the white. My issue with this one is how specific/special of a dial it is. Really looks great but not sure I want manta rays on my dial. It feels like less of a serious piece, more fun, would rather see it without the manta rays but I understand why they do it. Read someone say the white looks like a samurai in a tuxedo. 😁 but needless to say the sto does look great.

·
Registered
324 Posts
looks superb.. I’ve been trying to decide between this and the white. My issue with this one is how specific/special of a dial it is. Really looks great but not sure I want manta rays on my dial. It feels like less of a serious piece, more fun, would rather see it without the manta rays but I understand why they do it. Read someone say the white looks like a samurai in a tuxedo. 😁 but needless to say the sto does look great.
The manta ray is really subtle. barely sees it when looking in real life. Camera does a better job capturing the manta rays shades. have u checked them out in person? You gotta see it for real first.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Any Samurai modders out there? I just ordered the King Samurai Manta Ray (as shown above) from Gnomon. But I'd like to switch the basic black (boring) bezel ring for a blue-and-red "pepsi" piece. Actually, I'd just swap the whole bezel, so the watch could easily be returned to original should I ever decide to sell.

So, are all Samurai cases and bezels interchangeable? Or is the "king" case any different? I'd prefer to stick with genuine Seiko parts, but even more I want the "pepsi" ring to be ceramic. So if Seiko doesn't offer that, I'd look to the aftermarket.

Any suggestions, including part numbers and names of reliable parts sellers, will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Any Samurai modders out there? I just ordered the King Samurai Manta Ray (as shown above) from Gnomon. But I'd like to switch the basic black (boring) bezel ring for a blue-and-red "pepsi" piece. Actually, I'd just swap the whole bezel, so the watch could easily be returned to original should I ever decide to sell.

So, are all Samurai cases and bezels interchangeable? Or is the "king" case any different? I'd prefer to stick with genuine Seiko parts, but even more I want the "pepsi" ring to be ceramic. So if Seiko doesn't offer that, I'd look to the aftermarket.

Any suggestions, including part numbers and names of reliable parts sellers, will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
are there any aftermarket ceramic bezel insert? one of the reason i bought king samurai is the ceramic bezel. wouldn't mod with anything lower than ceramic..

yeah I think u would have to change the bezel and bezel inserts all together. trying to take off the original bezel inserts might break it.. i guess ceramic is easy to break?

·
Registered
91 Posts
The manta ray is really subtle. barely sees it when looking in real life. Camera does a better job capturing the manta rays shades. have u checked them out in person? You gotta see it for real first.
I haven’t seen it in person. I know I need to really before having too strong of an opinion but it would have to be ordered online. The nice thing with the STO is the dial appears smaller than the white dial, which I do like. It’s a hard one. 🤔

·
Registered
91 Posts
Did you see the white dial in person? So as to give your opinion on the two?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Did you see the white dial in person? So as to give your opinion on the two?
Yes I've seen all 3 models.The white does look nice but only on rubber strap. But still can't compare with the manta ray save the ocean dial. It's really special. See it in person and you will fall for it instantly and it actually had more serious look to it than the white king samurai. Fits casual and formal. Wouldn't say the same for the white one.

2061 - 2080 of 2177 Posts