WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

2081 - 2100 of 2223 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Any Samurai modders out there? I just ordered the King Samurai Manta Ray (as shown above) from Gnomon. But I'd like to switch the basic black (boring) bezel ring for a blue-and-red "pepsi" piece. Actually, I'd just swap the whole bezel, so the watch could easily be returned to original should I ever decide to sell.

So, are all Samurai cases and bezels interchangeable? Or is the "king" case any different? I'd prefer to stick with genuine Seiko parts, but even more I want the "pepsi" ring to be ceramic. So if Seiko doesn't offer that, I'd look to the aftermarket.

Any suggestions, including part numbers and names of reliable parts sellers, will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Yes, there are some mods done, but not many. I would think that the last generation and current generation parts can be exchanged. Check out this thread:

Why so few Samurai mods?

I got my Samurai in a trade, originally as a 051, but wanted to do something like this (not my pic):

But first started out with a blue lumed bezel insert and Yobokies hands, which is a reference to the first gen JDM Samurai's:

Then bought a original Pepsi bezel and insert from the Bay and swapped it out:

Kept the Pepsi bezel/insert, and went back to the original hands:

The Yobokies hands are now in the Invicta Samurai copy, also a reference to the hard to get JDM first gen blue Samurai

So, there you go. My mod history with the Samurai.

IG: Duikhorloge

·
Registered
106 Posts
Crown is perfect but chapter ring is ever so slightly misaligned (see 12 hour mark). Luckily you don’t notice it so much. Ah, Seiko...
Yeah I didn’t notice the chapter ring. As long as the screw down down works flawlessly then I’d be happy with your model. Looks really great, is that a strapcode hexad?!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes I've seen all 3 models.The white does look nice but only on rubber strap. But still can't compare with the manta ray save the ocean dial. It's really special. See it in person and you will fall for it instantly and it actually had more serious look to it than the white king samurai. Fits casual and formal. Wouldn't say the same for the white one.
I’ll see if I can get my hands on one. From the photos and videos I’ve seen it certainly does look 👌🐟🐠

·
Registered
106 Posts
So, another story. Found another dealer and ordered the samurai. Arrived just now... the crown is better. Still no pop but it’s much smoother but what is this red spot on the dial...

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Send it back... that's shocking luck there.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reactions: thegamblershand

·
Premium Member
21,928 Posts
I love the look of it. Even the second time round but come on... what is that for luck View attachment 15452848
Cannot Like this but I gave you a Like just for posting this. Mate, I think you have had a bad run of luck with Seiko watches. Maybe it is not for you. The gods are telling you to go and buy a nice German watch. Better quality and much, much better customer service. Go check out the German watch forum.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Cannot Like this but I gave you a Like just for posting this. Mate, I think you have had a bad run of luck with Seiko watches. Maybe it is not for you. The gods are telling you to go and buy a nice German watch. Better quality and much, much better customer service. Go check out the German watch forum.
yepp it’s what I kind of thought or maybe it’s a challenge to see how much I want one 👀 maybe this is stupid of me but I’ve since ordered another. Third time lucky maybe 🥴 I’ll update when it’s here. And if it’s a no go then it’s really not meant to be. I’ve looked into German or Swiss but a lot of German watches are out of my price range of what I was looking to spend. At least the pieces that appeal to me.

·
Registered
14,882 Posts
So, another story. Found another dealer and ordered the samurai. Arrived just now... the crown is better. Still no pop but it’s much smoother but what is this red spot on the dial...
View attachment 15452792
**** im sorry to see this mate, Id understand you ditching em after this lol, poor form from Seiko.
Id like to say its the rare and sort after red spot model but thats just bad QC.
I dont want to encourage you to get another because things tend to happen in 3s lol.
Sorry bro for your ****e experience with Seiko.
Maybe the QC on these kings is actually worse than the standard models, i dont know.
Seems to be a lot of little issues with them.
Disappointing stuff from Seiko.

2081 - 2100 of 2223 Posts