WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

The new Samurai thread

807K views 3K replies 653 participants last post by  Drudge 
#1 ·
I think it's time to start a thread covering the latest reissue, Seiko Samurai. The black dial on bracelet is supposed to launch in June, the other 3 versions in August/September. I reckon it will become bigger than turtle reissue and the manlike myself is aiming for the pepsi on rubber. So who's got one on preorder and which one?

SRPB51K1

SRPB49K1

SRPB53K1

SRPB55K1

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm not even kidding, I may end up with all of them. As an LE owner, I am absolutely in love with this new Samurai.

#4 ·
Yes! We need this thread! After owning the BL Sammy I have to get the black dial SRPB51K1. I'll probably become by new daily beater.

I don't know how popular the new Samurai will be, but I hope Strapcode or someone will make bracelets with an end piece that fits in between the lug like the 007. I think it will look kickass with super engineer. Kinda reminds me of Stowa Prodiver.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

#6 ·
I'm not planning on getting one... if Seiko ever does a reissue of these in the orig size not the bigger new size I'd be all over it..

I tried on the BL ltd edition one.. it is quite nice.. I have big enough wrists for it .. but having bought the SRP turtle I know everytime I wore it ..I'd be annoyed Seiko can't resist the urge to make historically big watches bigger with the reissues..

#7 · (Edited)
I thought I liked the blue lagoon samurai but the srpb49 and srpb51 are stunning. These new Samurai models are going to be extremely popular imo.

More pics here -

#10 ·
My favorite is the SRPB049. Not sure however if I will order one upon release. It will probably be way too expensive for a 4R36 diver.

If it is under 400$, I will be tempted, but there are too many misses on this watch to pay more than that (ugly hands vs original Samurai, no 6R15, X on the dial...).

Cheers,

Seb

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5X en utilisant Tapatalk

#26 ·
I bought the reissue when it came out for full retail US$550 - wish I'd waited as the price plummeted to US$350 in Singapore. It is a nice watch and no complaints, but it would be better with the original hands. The Monster hands take up too much space and do not match the fine dial markers This is obvious to me - I dont get why the Seiko designers thought these big hands would be a good idea

#33 ·
Looks like the black dial is starting to pop up at dealers for preorder..

#34 · (Edited)
Very interested in these. Wonder where pricing is going to "settle" on these. Was really hoping these might show up in department stores here (Kohls, JCPenney, etc.) however I am thinking that will not be the case. With Seiko's record of QC I would really prefer to buy from somewhere with easy return/ replacement if I get a dud. Took me 3 tries to get a passable SRP777 from Kohls. Fortunately they are more then easy to deal with. The BL Samurai I ordered (for a great price) from an U.S. based GM dealer arrived with a scratch on the dial and a dented bezel. Of course that retailer had none left and the prices went way too high for my taste everwhere around that time. Fortunately they covered return shipping.

#35 · (Edited)
Nice watch, one of my favorite Seiko style divers. But at 50mm I believe it's too big. And the hands are meh. It's over priced for the movement, but the market will correct that for Seiko over time. Who knows, maybe the new hands will be a hit.

Comparing the old Samurai to the new one reveals the significant facelift that took place, more in line with other models of the Prospex line.

Borrowed pic:
https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/seiko-prospex-blue-lagoon-samurai-turtle-srpb09-and-srpb11