WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally.... a good photo of the new version of the Seastar 1000. Keep in mind it's a new version, and not a remake of the previous version.

Initially I wasn't keen on it, but it's growing on me!

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
First impression.....I think that looks ok, and a lot different to the old one!!

I like the turquiose hand and markers, and the Seastar inscription on the side of the case is cool :)

I presume they'll be a few different colour combo's coming out??

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
The new Seastar looks very modernized and bears little similarities with the earlierSeastar1K/660. In fact, I thought it looks like a fusion between the Tissot Sea-Touch and the Steinhart Trinton.

And yes ... the Seastar inscription on the side is splendid.
Do u have any info on the size, Sean? It looks like its a 43-44mm monster of the deep ...

I'm keeping my eyes glued onto this :)

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Ughh... What a disappointment.

Hopefully it'll look beter in the metal :)

Thanks for the preview Sean.
-wjb

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
New Dial layout of 12,4 n 8. Looks Sleek and moderen. The new layout looks quite big and clean. Somehow it reminds of N.O.A watches too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Very sporty and modern! Fits Tissot's sporty branding spirit. Although I see a Longines theme influence in the numbers, a Jaeger le Coultre MC (the blue), even a Stowa (the angled numbers)!

It seems 44-45mm diameter, using the movement as a reference.

I get the "star" theme by the way (the dial, the pins on the caseback)! I hope it will be more robust than the previous version.

Like Sean stated, initially I did not like it initially but it is also growing on me. Only wish it had a solid caseback!
By the way, are the screws held by pins so they do not get lost?

Sean, any estimate on the price?

We need lume shots!

:thanks
Cheers!

·
Registered
174 Posts
There is no way I don't buy one immediately. I think I'll put it on a Zulu.
I love how it looks as if the lugs hug the case, and I wish we could tell if it has a bubble crystal like the previous 1000.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well, that black and blue seems to be the fashion trend at the moment: Citizen uses it, JLC uses it – is for me a little too much “me-to” for me. Why have the designers not included a second hand with a luminous tip or tail and why there is no “real” marker on the bezel? Ok, ok – we all use dive computers and dive watches are more a fashionable accessory, but still, I think some characteristics should be included in a watch to call it dive watch… This on my opinion is a good looking watch, maybe a sports watch (if this category still exists), but no dive watch!
I liked its predecessor better – but I guess Tissot had to design a watch that fits its current design.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Well, that black and blue seems to be the fashion trend at the moment: Citizen uses it, JLC uses it – is for me a little too much “me-to” for me. Why have the designers not included a second hand with a luminous tip or tail and why there is no “real” marker on the bezel? Ok, ok – we all use dive computers and dive watches are more a fashionable accessory, but still, I think some characteristics should be included in a watch to call it dive watch… This on my opinion is a good looking watch, maybe a sports watch (if this category still exists), but no dive watch!
I liked its predecessor better – but I guess Tissot had to design a watch that fits its current design.
Agreed. They went through the trouble of making it a 300M water resistant "dive" watch, at least follow through on that.

No lumed marker on the bezel?

·
5,156 Posts
A big thank you for the preview, Sean. My initial reaction is that I like the dial and case design but not the bezel. Those big, chunky, gouged out numbers just don't appeal to me. I don't like the "Seastar" hacked into the case side either. That has long been one of my complaints about the Invicta Pro-diver.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Agreed. They went through the trouble of making it a 300M water resistant "dive" watch, at least follow through on that.

No lumed marker on the bezel?
Ditto. No lumed second tip either. Otherwise, it would be a dive watch as the previous one.
Hopefully they will make changes before production, just as the previous skeletonized minute marker.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Since I still have my Old Original that is still looking good I will wait to see the price and add it to my collection thanks for showing.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I think the bezel sort of ruined it for me. I prefer the previous seastar 1000. The turquoise hand isn't too new either as IWC has it n for a more affordable one,J-Springs has it too. Not crazy about the dial too..i find it too sporty. Maybe seeing the watch in person could be different.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts