WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As everyone knows, Seiko have discontinued the SKX, and replaced it with a new Seiko 5 Sports line.

Despite the aesthetic similarities the new 5KX is not the serious tool watch that the SKX was. It lacks a screw down crown, bezel pip, and ISO rated water resistance.

However, I think that the 5KX is still a good watch. These are readily available for under £200, and at that price I think the specs are decent. I wouldn't pay the full price though. The top RRP is £300 and in that range there's a lot of better choices.

Anyway, what does everyone else think?

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
I still consider it a tool watch. My Fortis does not have a screw down crown and is rated at 100m WR and it is considered a tool watch The great 6105 Diver did not have a screw down crown (only a pin to stop it from turning) and it is a serious tool watch that was designed to take a beating. If that watch does not need a screw down crown to dive with in its heyday and went though a war then no watch really needs a screw down crown. (especially if the customers who are getting it wet washing a car or their hands)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still consider it a tool watch. My Fortis does not have a screw down crown and is rated at 100m WR and it is considered a tool watch The great 6105 Diver did not have a screw down crown (only a pin to stop it from turning) and it is a serious tool watch that was designed to take a beating. If that watch does not need a screw down crown to dive with in its heyday and went though a war then no watch really needs a screw down crown. (especially if the customers who are getting it wet washing a car or their hands)
Yeah, I think that it can still do what people really need it for. 100m is plenty for most people.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts