Great video and nice looking watch too.

·
Registered
15,228 Posts
Probably $2500.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Nice review as always, a very telling comparison.

I like the Satinato fine blasted finish better than the super matt, but like my classic 1521 polished finish better.

To be honest, to me a diver isn’t a field watch, I don't get the matt finish fad, good if you’re a hunter, soldier, or a movie director that needs to worry about glare.
I suppose there are people that simply prefer the matt finish like I prefer the polished.
For me, it’s not only the looks, but I know it’s harder (takes more work) to produce a flaw free polished surface on SS then it does to sandblast it, and I rather a product with a higher level of finish for my money.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Looks good!

-Sent using Rock, Paper and the occasional Scissors-

·
Registered
232 Posts
RE: ""I like the Satinato fine blasted finish better than the super matt, but like my classic 1521 polished finish better."

i agree ...i like a bit of refined bling to any
nice watch i wear, so polished ss does it for me.

brushed ss is also nice....so wonder how close would be satinato vs brushed ss.

i have a brushed ss chrono and it's wonderful...
or is that what the satinato is achieving?

Nice review as always, a very telling comparison.

To be honest, to me a diver isn't a field watch, I don't get the matt finish fad, good if you're a hunter, soldier, or a movie director that needs to worry about glare.
I suppose there are people that simply prefer the matt finish like I prefer the polished.
For me, it's not only the looks, but I know it's harder (takes more work) to produce a flaw free polished surface on SS then it does to sandblast it, and I rather a product with a higher level of finish for my money.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts