WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 596 Posts

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea. Really should have been a global general release. Why go with Time and Tide as an opener (or at all). Wonder when the Scunthorpe Farmers Weekly edition will come out :)

I'm looking forward to the regular production models - I assume that this is the Time+Tide limited hogwash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
"This is not the 600 you're looking for..."

Accept no substitute ...

Let T&T have what ever LE they want ... Make THIS one (below) the non-LE, production model: "If you build it they will come." Heck, I'd even buy this WITH the GD Jenny Caribbean fish on the crown ... even with day-glow orange paint in it.

NOTE: IMAGES from Docs site (hope you don't mind ... best pic of this watch I have seen

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
"This is not the 600 you're looking for..."
View attachment 16087469

Accept no substitute ...

Let T&T have what ever LE they want ... Make THIS one the non-LE, production model: "If you build it they will come." Heck, I'd even buy this WITH the GD Jenny Caribbean fish on the crown ... even with day-glow orange paint in it.

NOTE: IMAGES from Docs site (hope you don't mind ... best pic of this watch I have seen
View attachment 16087472
View attachment 16087476
I disagree - I'd really like them to put the Aubrey era subs into regular production along side the cushion cased subs. It doesn't make sense to just make a limited edition so I'm sure it'll be regularly produced shortly

·
Registered
228 Posts
Would prefer a plain steel bezel and orange dial. Luckily if they went through the process of re-releasing the model I’m sure they’ll make them in multiple options after the limited model has released. Overall though a very pleasant surprise.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'm totally on board for an Aubrey era case. Definitely not on board with a time and tide limited edition though...could not care less about some random website. But once the regular production Aubrey's come...oh yeah, I want a piece of that. My biggest fear and worry right now is going to be the price. If they can keep it in the 300T price range, seriously, sign me up and I'll even buy multiple versions. But the way Doxa has priced some stuff, it gives me pause and hope they don't price themselves out of potential customers.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I disagree - I'd really like them to put the Aubrey era subs into regular production along side the cushion cased subs. It doesn't make sense to just make a limited edition so I'm sure it'll be regularly produced shortly

Yep I've said this a few times on the forum ... just make them as they were, steel case and all, and they will sell if the price is reasonable - I'm thinking somewhere between the 200 and 300T (for regular production models if they follow) as thats quite a big gap. I think that bezel is just painted by the way.
How annoying are these teaser pics that companies use nowadays - just release the damn thing for God's sake....good call from the Flying Doxa though!

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think it is good that Doxa is kinda, sorta getting back on track. Of course it will all depend on price.

The jelly bean carbon was an innovative design but, ***** wept, the eye watering price for a plastic watch was insanity. If they had sold the carbon for $1299 I think they would sold by the boatload. My wife wanted 3 of them and at that price I would have bought them. Cough, cough, $999 Synchrony Military.

Well not long until we know what the price is.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I’m very curious on the price as well.

If the Aubry is here to stay, I imagine they’ll price it either between the 200 and 300(t), or upwards of the 300(t) to give themselves three tiers of models along the price gradient. Sort of ignoring the carbon here because it’s a special version of an existing model. If it is titanium —which the picture does look a lot like titanium— then I could see them marketing it as a “professional” grade diver to compete against the Pelagos and price it in the ~3000 USD range. Hopefully not though.

1 - 20 of 596 Posts