WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Seiko Spirit house a "newer" version of 6R15, 6R15B. I am comparing this to the 6R15A photos taken earlier . Does anyone know the difference between 6R15A and 6R15B?

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
My Spirit 013 has the 6R15B in it as well (bought it in Oct06). I've asked the question several times and gotten no response from anyone. I'm interested too in what they changed in their new 6R15 movements?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Spirit 013 has the 6R15B in it as well (bought it in Oct06). I've asked the question several times and gotten no response from anyone. I'm interested too in what they changed in their new 6R15 movements?

Hi, see my posting in the thread 'Seiko Spirit SKVCS003 initial impressions' first posted by Agent Orange for an explanation.

Gary

·
Registered
397 Posts
What accuracy (ie. sec/day) are you guys seeing on the 6R15B? Just curious how it compares with the 7S26...

thnx

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi all,

My SCVS003 arrived 3 days ago. It's a beautiful piece of art. Excuse the poor lighting, but I'm glad to include some pics, some still with the protection on.

The first days it's has been 10 seconds fast a day. I'm taking care to rotate the positions and we'll see in a month or so...

The Seiko 5 in one of the pics is -6 sec per day out of the box. So I have high expectations... :-d

Aah the moments we all cherish... A couple of fast shots before sizing the bracelet.

The movement, though it is optically very much like the 7s26, the rotor turns sooo smoothly and quietly. It all just oozes out more quality.

Compared to the snxf11k. Guess I really love those black classic dials...;-)

Good luck all you Seiko psychos!!

Luca

Honey, is that ANOTHER watch...?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What accuracy (ie. sec/day) are you guys seeing on the 6R15B? Just curious how it compares with the 7S26...

thnx
I had mine running for almost 29days since begining of the year. It is +2min 41s :) I must say, a very good watch with the price like this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Difference Between 6R15A & 6R15B

Hi, recently received my Seiko Spirit SCVS003 in the post from Japan (23 Jan 2007). Having seen the pictures that Jurgen posted, I had to have one. All the other excellent photos and reviews were really helpful. Took me a while to track down a dependable vendor.

I emailed the query about the movement to Seiya Kobayashi of Seiyajapan.com and he explained that the 6R15B uses 6 different parts compared to the 6R15A. The 6 parts are all from the new 6R20 movement used in the Premier range. Seiko decided to do this to achieve economies of scale through mainstreaming the parts for the production of both watches.

There is no quality difference between the two movements, this is merely a cost cutting exercise.

The different parts are; the barrel and train wheel bridge, the movement barrel (complete), the centre wheel & pinion, the ratchet wheel, the oscillating weight and the ratchet wheel screw.

My watch has the later 6R15B, although Seiya's website photos show a 6R15A movement. I paid £138 for the watch, £9 duty and 13.50 to Parcelthief (or whatever they're called) for handling!!

Also, I had 3 extra links put in as my wrist is 8.5 inches. I took this precaution as so many people said that the bracelet can only fit 7.5 inch wrists at the largest. Upon receipt, I was surprised to find that I had to take all 3 links out! The bracelet fitted perfectly in the original size - don't know what happened there. Shame, coz Seiko charged £14 for supplying the 3 links!

Best Wishes

Gary

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Thanks for the answer on the 6R15B movement differences!:-!

My Spirit 013 has averaged +-4 seconds when I place it crown down at night. If I put it upright on the watch winder (but not winding) it runs slow about 15 seconds over an 8 hour period. Lovely watch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts