WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty safe to say that about the first watch I fell in love with after getting really into the watch scene was the Anonimo Militare and Dual time. The Panerai style appeals to me, but I love the stylish spin that Anonimo puts on the basic theme and the crown system on these is just inspired. Form over function in mechanical watches, to me, is just wonderful when it's executed like this.

Of course, as a college student it seemed an impossible dream at the time. Fast forward to today, and I'm still not able to buy every Anonimo I want, but I could finally scrape up enough for the one that first caught my eye.

Here she is. White Militare. The original black Kodiak is alive and well, but I've always felt that tan straps compliment white dials. So, I found a Glycine strap in just the color and hide I wanted, and after practicing my technique on some of my extra cheap straps, I took a blade to it so it would fit. Came out perfect I think, but believe I took my sweet time and sweated it the whole way.

·
Registered
10,698 Posts
Let me be the first to congratulate you on a fine watch--great pictures!! You are right, the light strap compliments the light dial well. Wear the watch in good health.

·
Registered
37,642 Posts
Big Congrats innards wonderful piece!!! The design and crown system is just unique and too cool :)
What's the size and what size is your wrist? I always wondered if it'd be too long for me.
Anyway congratulations on a wonderful piece and thanks for sharing!
Brice
My Anonimo says HI :)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Very nice - love the white dial myself!

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Welcome Anonimist, white dials do very well, just amazing contrast with you very good job on the strap.

Congratulations and wear it and enjoy it in the best of health.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I'm really liking it.

And, the watch is 43mm in diameter. I don't know about the length, but the crown system doesn't really add but a few mm to the actual length beyond the lugs so it's probably not anything too crazy for someone already wearing Anonimo. My wrist is 7.5" and it feels just right to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts