WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following my post regarding the choice between the Ploprof and Deep Sea i went to try both on. I have fairly small wrists and to be honest both of the watches looked a little large. Out the corner of my eye however, I spotted the nicest watch i’ve ever seen!
You may not agree with me on this but the new Submariner in white gold is absolutely jaw dropping. No pictures i have seen on the internet do it justice. The blue dial and ceramic blue bezel look awesome.
The new Sub case design makes it seem bigger than it is (a bit like the Deep Sea). Being made from white gold, it is of a weight that makes you feel like you are holding something very special. I would say a comparable weight to the Deep Sea.
The price tag is too shocking to mention however and certainly out of my range. If only they did this in SS and it still retained the same solid feeling you get with the WG version.
Anyone got one on here? Care to post some wrist shots?!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
You won't have to wait too long for a SS version. Should be out next year I suspect. I believe the price tag will be a bit shocking though. Hopefully Rolex will not screw up and put polished center links on the bracelet.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Yes, very interested to see the new ss submariner next year. Another vote here for no PCL's.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Its a bit too "blue" for me, but I can see why you were impressed with it. All of Rolex's new models are impressive. It seems they have finally listened to the masses and given us a bezel and bracelet that better represents the price point.

There are alot of people anticipating the release of the new Sub next year.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
I'd love one of these . . . :p

·
Registered
540 Posts
I think the proportions look great, but the blue has a bit too yellow for my taste in the photos I've seen. Definitely a nice evolution.

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,636 Posts
That is my grail. I have also tried one on several times, and have been offered one for $23,800 (List is almost $30,000). That is still too much coin for me.

Here is my pic that I took of one in Venice, Italy

Some borrowed pics from the internet. This watch is owned by a fellow watch enthusiast.

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
I prefer yellow gold for a Rolex. White gold looks too muh like steel. Are white gld Rolexes rhodium plated, like most white gold jewellery? Or do they just polish the actual gold to ake it as shiny and white as possible (Wg is actually quite grey, hence the rhodium plating commonly used)?

·
Banned
3,758 Posts
I am waiting to see what the Stainless model with a black dial will look like.

I like the bracelet a lot, although I wish it was wider with less taper.

I really dislike the blue bezel and dial of the WG model as well as the fact that the WG looks no different than stainless for over three times the cost. And it will be less durable than the SS model. WG does nothing for me.

Now if the Rolex gets stupid and prices the stainless model over $7K I am probably going with an IWC instead.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
I am waiting to see what the Stainless model with a black dial will look like.

I like the bracelet a lot, although I wish it was wider with less taper.

I really dislike the blue bezel and dial of the WG model as well as the fact that the WG looks no different than stainless for over three times the cost. And it will be less durable than the SS model. WG does nothing for me.

Now if the Rolex gets stupid and prices the stainless model over $7K I am probably going with an IWC instead.
Gotta agree completely. I tried on the blue-dial model a couple of weeks ago and just didn't like it (not to mention that it was WAY too expensive). And I also agree that if Rolex crosses the $7K line then the only way I'll ever buy an SD or Sub is to go preowned.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts