WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
2261 - 2280 of 2319 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have somehow overlooked the T3000.
It's gorgeous and seems to be great value forbmoney within the Oceanus line 👍
Really is amazing value. I never understand why the same brand asks twice as much for a titanium g-shock.

@Chasy mentioned the T2600 prone to scratches as a drawback. I would say the same about the T3000..it's not difficult to scratch it. But RandomRob reviewed it on Youtube and his opinion was the opposite.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Really is amazing value. I never understand why the same brand asks twice as much for a titanium g-shock.

@Chasy mentioned the T2600 prone to scratches as a drawback. I would say the same about the T3000..it's not difficult to scratch it. But RandomRob reviewed it on Youtube and his opinion was the opposite.
I actually tested scratching using spare links from bracelets. T2600 (made around 2014) vs T3000 (made around 2019).
T3000 leaves marks on T2600. T2600 does not leave marks on T3000.
The test is somewhat scientific: this is how relative hardness is determined.

Only question is... is this due to different manufacture years or different surface processing specific to different models.

I have two T3000, including the blue one, and T2600-1AJF.

Watch Analog watch Photograph White Light

·
Registered
31 Posts
So, I'm having a problem with my S100 I received a couple of months ago. Maybe you guys can offer some advice.

I received the watch a couple of months ago in the UTC -8 time zone, set the S100 to HKG, and everything including radio reception worked well. Three days ago, I moved to the -7 time zone and pulled the crown out and adjusted to BKK (-7 time zone) accordingly. However, now when I press the B button to check the radio settings, nothing happens, whether I press or hold the B. When I pull the crown out and switch back to the HKG (+8 time zone), the B button works as it should, indicating whether I received a signal on "press" and moving to manual radio reception on "hold." I checked some other time zones and, as with -7, the B button seems to be disabled. Any ideas why the B button will only work on my former time zone and whether there is a solution for this? Thanks!

·
Registered
196 Posts
So, I'm having a problem with my S100 I received a couple of months ago. Maybe you guys can offer some advice.

I received the watch a couple of months ago in the UTC -8 time zone, set the S100 to HKG, and everything including radio reception worked well. Three days ago, I moved to the -7 time zone and pulled the crown out and adjusted to BKK (-7 time zone) accordingly. However, now when I press the B button to check the radio settings, nothing happens, whether I press or hold the B. When I pull the crown out and switch back to the HKG (+8 time zone), the B button works as it should, indicating whether I received a signal on "press" and moving to manual radio reception on "hold." I checked some other time zones and, as with -7, the B button seems to be disabled. Any ideas why the B button will only work on my former time zone and whether there is a solution for this? Thanks!
All works correctly. By design.

·
Premium Member
1997 Breitling Aerospace, Tag Heuer Aquaracer, Oris 65, Seiko Captain Willard, Casio Oceanus
61 Posts
I owned and loved T2600.

Pros
Invisible sapphire due to dual anti-reflective coating. So good. Much better than for example on S100.
Excellent readability in all lighting conditions.

Cons
Crown too large and pressess on wrist. Main reason I stopped wearing T2600.
Titanium coating is not as strong as on more recent Oceanus watches.

·
Premium Member
1997 Breitling Aerospace, Tag Heuer Aquaracer, Oris 65, Seiko Captain Willard, Casio Oceanus
61 Posts
Chasy,
Thanks so much the comments on the t2600. There is no substitute for first-hand experience with a watch. We can’t just walk to a retail store and try one on.
Fred

·
Registered
Casio Oceanus OCW-T200SLE-2AJR
17 Posts
I hope I'm not violating any rules by drawing your attention to an in-depth review of the Oceanus 5000 that has just been published on YT here:

Well worth spending 20 mins of your time IMHO.

·
Registered
220 Posts
As a fan of Jody's channel as well, I'm glad he finally reviewed a high end Casio.

Sadly he doesn't care for bigger watches so he probably never will review premium G-Shocks like the Frogs, MT-Gs, MR-Gs, Muds etc.

Reactions: RichardAmn

·
Registered
17 Posts
I really like Jody's videos, but sometimes it takes him 20 minutes to say what he could say in 10. :)
That may be the case but it's a sponsored video and he wants to give the sponsor his money's worth.
He's also preaching to the choir with respect to the subscribers of this topic ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
@AlreadyLost: my wallet is begging you not to mention the S6000. Please lol.

More seriously, I don't think Jody is interested in the S6000 (too $$$).

·
Registered
17 Posts
@AlreadyLost: my wallet is begging you not to mention the S6000. Please lol.

More seriously, I don't think Jody is interested in the S6000 (too $$$).
I had to look that one up and noticed that Sakura has that model (heavily?) discounted :D
Or is that not the watch you're drooling over?

Consider selling a kidney;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
I had to look that one up and noticed that Sakura has that model (heavily?) discounted :D
Or is that not the watch you're drooling over?

Consider selling a kidney;)
You're not mistaken, it is THE one.

I'm booking the surgery for the kidney 😆

Reactions: Peter_030

·
Registered
220 Posts
I guess it's more or less the same as for a sapphire glass: would have to be knocked HARD to shatter, but can be done.
The rest of the time it would show little to no scratch though.

2261 - 2280 of 2319 Posts