WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
2281 - 2300 of 2395 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Except this one is protruding outside.

Why am I skeptical about fracture resistance of this design...
True. On the other hand the watch is super slim (8.7mm) so less likely to bump into objects.

If I buy it, I'll be very careful anyway (given the price $$$).

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm happy to announce that I've finally joined the JDM club! The T200SLE arrived this afternoon after three days of customs delay (which wasn't as bad as two weeks+ I've heard reported previously in my country).

And what a beautiful piece it is indeed! I fitted it with the yellow/mustard strap I got from Colareb: it was quite a hassle to fit since the strap was really stiff and a little thicker than the ones the watch comes with. But I managed to get it clicking in and I'm loving the blue+mustard combo.

I'm attaching a few pics from my short walk in natural light.

Again, thank you all for your advice and help, and I'll bug you guys again for sure in the future after a few days of handling the watch with my thoughts about it.

Cheers!

Watch Analog watch Clock Everyday carry Wrist
Watch Analog watch Clock Everyday carry Font

·
Registered
Casio Oceanus OCW-T200SLE-2AJR
22 Posts
I'm happy to announce that I've finally joined the JDM club! The T200SLE arrived this afternoon after three days of customs delay (which wasn't as bad as two weeks+ I've heard reported previously in my country).

And what a beautiful piece it is indeed! I fitted it with the yellow/mustard strap I got from Colareb: it was quite a hassle to fit since the strap was really stiff and a little thicker than the ones the watch comes with. But I managed to get it clicking in and I'm loving the blue+mustard combo.

I'm attaching a few pics from my short walk in natural light.

Again, thank you all for your advice and help, and I'll bug you guys again for sure in the future after a few days of handling the watch with my thoughts about it.

Cheers!

View attachment 16178602 View attachment 16178605
Congratulations from a fellow T200SLE-2AJR owner! Great images, very nice strap!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks everyone for the very warm welcome.

I've got a little thing that's kinda bothering me. If you take a look at this photo: is the 6 o' clock indice misaligned or is it just the light playing tricks on my eyes? It seems that I have to angle the watch in pretty serious ways to get the seconds hand to line up with some of the hours indices...

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Everyday carry

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts

I've got a little thing that's kinda bothering me. If you take a look at this photo: is the 6 o' clock indice misaligned or is it just the light playing tricks on my eyes? It seems that I have to angle the watch in pretty serious ways to get the seconds hand to line up with some of the hours indices...

View attachment 16178978
Looks normal to me.

·
Registered
196 Posts

Just buy a $3000 Citizen Chronomaster to see what real misaligned looks like.

This Oceanus looks well aligned.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Seems almost perfectly aligned as far as I can tell.

As for me, If I can easily and unmistakably tell which marker the second hand is hitting I'm fine. Doesn't need to be 100.00% spot on. The watch is almost always at a slight angle anyway when I look at it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Insanely good looking! Would like to see how the other model looks as well :love: :love: :love:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I wish the current MTG B2000 is as thin as the S6000. Not sure why Casio Oceanus not available internationally.
Can only speculate as to why, maybe they do not make enough for a worldwide release, maybe they think it would hurt G Shock sales. or maybe they just like to keep the best for themselves :)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts

View attachment 16178978
I just checked all the markers as the second hand went by them, there are a couple (the one at 6 being one of them) , that if you were really picky you could say were a fraction off, but really don't sweat it, I am pretty OCD about quartz hitting its markers and my T200 is well, well within my comfort range.
Just sit back and give yourself a smile that the hand correction feature is available when it is not in many, more expensive, quartz watches :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Can only speculate as to why, maybe they do not make enough for a worldwide release, maybe they think it would hurt G Shock sales. or maybe they just like to keep the best for themselves :)
It's a shame. But reading the comments on Jody's review of the S5000, it makes you wonder how many people would be receptive to the brand internationally. I wonder how many MR-Gs Casio sells domestically vs internationally

2281 - 2300 of 2395 Posts