WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1441 - 1460 of 1488 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi everyone, I've just finished reading through this thread because I think an Oceanus might be for me!

Lots of people (me included) are keen for models with standard lugs leaving the option to swap out the bracelet for straps.

Could people confirm a list of models where this is possible? From what I can tell, models with standard lugs:

Ocw t200
Ocw t2600
Ocw t3000

Edit: also Ocw s2000
Ocw-P2000

I'm sure there are more?

Thanks for all the information on here helping me to make a choice. I think I will be going for an ocw t3000 1ajf

·
Registered
239 Posts
Fall / Winter 2020 Oceanus New Products

Manta OCW-S5000 Natural indigo series......

OCW-S5000APL-2AJF (left) and OCW-S5000AP-2AJF (right)

In both models, the main dial is a white butterfly shell (excluding the in-dial). This was dyed in the traditional indigo color (indigo blue) with the natural "Awa Aoi" in Tokushima Prefecture, which is a typical indigo producing area. It is a new Oceanus blue that is possible only with the OCW-S5000, which generates electricity only with the in-dial solar cell.

Making indigo dye is called "building indigo", but the traditional method of slowly building indigo without using any chemicals is "natural indigo lye fermentation". The indigo dyeing series of OCEANUS uses this indigo. It is a very valuable dye that can be refined from about 1 ton of fresh leaves to only about 1 kg

OCW-S5000AP-2AJF (258,500 yen, limited to 2,000 pieces) is used to cut off 24-sided cut sapphire glass that has a gradation from white to blue. On the other hand, the OCW-S5000APL-2AJF (231,000 yen, limited to 500 pieces) combines an indigo-dyed crocodile leather band with a green-to-blue gradation reminiscent of indigo oxidation (= time shift).

Indigo dye series Classic Line OCW-T2600

OCW-T2600ALB-2AJR (left) and OCW-T2600ALA-2AJR (right)

Models using natural indigo "OCW-T2600ALA-2AJR" (limited to 1,000) and "OCW-T2600ALB-2AJR" (limited to 700) are now available on the popular classic line as standard OCEAMUS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had my T200 for a few weeks now and I connect the watch to the Oceanus App only once a week via bluetooth. When I look at the App's history it shows it has updated about four times a week. I think this means that the watch is updating on it's own via radio to the Ft Collins atomic clock. No special setting required, just easy-peasy.
Screenshot Oceanus t200.jpg

·
Registered
892 Posts
I've had my T200 for a few weeks now and I connect the watch to the Oceanus App only once a week via bluetooth. When I look at the App's history it shows it has updated about four times a week. I think this means that the watch is updating on it's own via radio to the Ft Collins atomic clock. No special setting required, just easy-peasy. View attachment 15470491
That's what I thought, too. But, after studying it... that graph indicates the CUMULATIVE number of times it's been synced. I initially thought it was the number of times synced PER week (on the x-axis). Nope... it's a cumulative number. Odd way to do a graph, but that's what they did.

The watch absolutely does NOT sync with the atomic clock when it's unable to sync via BT. Once the watch is paired by BT, it ONLY syncs via BT. Stop manually syncing it, and keep the watch away from the phone, and you'll see that graph line flatten.

·
Registered
892 Posts
If the phone is in range, the watch will automatically update, via BT, up to 4 times a day at: 6:30am, 12:30pm, 6:30pm, and 12:30am.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In my case I don't think the other updates are via bluetooth. I have the Oceanus app installed only on my Samsung tablet, not on my phone. I only turn on the bluetooth once a week on that tablet for the purpose of connecting to my t200 watch. After the update I turn off the bluetooth on that tablet for the rest of the week. There isn't any way the watch is connecting to the app the rest of the week. Therefore, I think the other updates are via radio.

·
Registered
892 Posts
In my case I don't think the other updates are via bluetooth. I have the Oceanus app installed only on my Samsung tablet, not on my phone. I only turn on the bluetooth once a week on that tablet for the purpose of connecting to my t200 watch. After the update I turn off the bluetooth on that tablet for the rest of the week. There isn't any way the watch is connecting to the app the rest of the week. Therefore, I think the other updates are via radio.
Mine has not updated even once by radio, since I paired it. I turned off my BT for a week, to make sure. Yep... not once. And, ALL my other watches synced with Fort Collins every night during that week.

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Nick Shabazz with a half-hour review of the OCW-P2000. Haven't watched it yet (will after dinner), but I'm assuming it includes several renditions of the phrase "that's a beautiful thing." :D

He has the most annoying voice on YouTube lol :confused::sleep:

Reactions: Igorek

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hi there,

bought the OCW-P2000C a few days ago. Attached a few pictures, some with the "predecessor", the OCW-P1000 and the analog Frog GWF-A1000 (which has nearly the same dial / module, except Timer and Stopwatch [!]).

Have fun:

View attachment 15472006

View attachment 15472007

View attachment 15472009

View attachment 15472011

View attachment 15472012

View attachment 15472013

View attachment 15472015

View attachment 15472016

View attachment 15472018

View attachment 15472019

View attachment 15472022