1521 - 1540 of 1900 Posts

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Reactions: Tiribos

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
ShoppingInJapan is another good seller, I've bought two watches from them.
And I have. Not the cheapest, but certainly reliable & trustworthy. (y)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Q: Does any know of a Oceanus or Casio or Edifice with a "notched" lug design (that is, part of the case protrudes between the lugs - somewhat like the Ironman logo)?

I have a new-to-me Oceanus s100 incoming and want to explore rubber strap options. Search of this thread shows two discussions on the topic that dead-ends. But there was a hint somewhere else that there is a rubber strap that can be co-opted to fit the s100 because the watch that that strap comes from also has a notched lug design.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Q: Does any know of a Oceanus or Casio or Edifice with a "notched" lug design (that is, part of the case protrudes between the lugs - somewhat like the Ironman logo)?

I have a new-to-me Oceanus s100 incoming and want to explore rubber strap options. Search of this thread shows two discussions on the topic that dead-ends. But there was a hint somewhere else that there is a rubber strap that can be co-opted to fit the s100 because the watch that that strap comes from also has a notched lug design.
Ive seen a post on Revit where someone did that. I don’t remember what watch it came from though.

·
626 Posts
That's cool! I wonder if they'll ever revisit that field watch look with Oceanus... Very nice.
Thank you.
Indeed, I don't know if Casio will revisit this full titanium Oceanus.
The Oceanus range has evolved a lot in recent years, so I don't think we should expect anything from Casio about a similar model in the future...
Nevertheless, this lightweight, solar-powered, radio-controlled (and unconnected) model is still as comfortable to wear as ever. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys. I might have an issue with the date position on my S100, as I can't move the date number downwards (changing towards previous day) while calibrating. When I turn the crown counter clockwise nothing happens. Still, turning the crown clockwise advances the date in tiny increments (date number moves upwards) as it should. I've already tried this many times, starting the process from the beginning, but there's no difference and the date position is getting quite messed up. The crown has a similar click and feel to both directions.

I'm using this manual (section E-29): https://support.casio.com/en/manual/009/qw5235.pdf

Could someone please confirm that while calibrating the date position should move both directions? Because when I set the date manually (section E-25 and 4.) I can move the date directly up and down from the crown.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did this today with my S100. The instructions were definitely not clear enough for me and it took a while for me to work it out.

1. Pull out the crown.
2. Hold the bottom right button for like 10 seconds until you get to the hand alignment.
3. Press the bottom right button once to go to the date alignment mode.
4. Rotate the crown clockwise (like 3 rotations) quickly. The date should now spin automatically.
5. When 1 is halfway into the date window turn the crown anti-clockwise, this will stop the date from moving.
6. Rotate the crown clockwise for 2 rotations and then pause for 1 seconds (to prevent the auto date rotation).
7. Repeat step 5 until aligned perfectly.
8. When happy push the crown in to save the alignment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did this today with my S100. The instructions were definitely not clear enough for me and it took a while for me to work it out.

1. Pull out the crown.
2. Hold the bottom right button for like 10 seconds until you get to the hand alignment.
3. Press the bottom right button once to go to the date alignment mode.
4. Rotate the crown clockwise (like 3 rotations) quickly. The date should now spin automatically.
5. When 1 is halfway into the date window turn the crown anti-clockwise, this will stop the date from moving.
6. Rotate the crown clockwise for 2 rotations and then pause for 1 seconds (to prevent the auto date rotation).
7. Repeat step 5 until aligned perfectly.
8. When happy push the crown in to save the alignment.
Thanks @devastator3, but I'm not quite sure if I follow. The parts 1-4 are clear enough, but for me to get the number 1 to enter into the date window in part 5 (and from there on to align it perfectly with doing sets of 2 clockwise rotations) I would need to first advance the date with microclicks through all the numbers (1-31), and finally after 31 have the 1 entering the date window. I just can't go the other way, the date number won't move backwards as the counter clockwise rotations of the crown have no effect, even if doing the instruction 4 first.

Were you able to rotate the date in calibration mode both directions (up and down) with clockwise - counter clockwise rotations? Or did I misunderstood something from your kind instructions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think you've misunderstood. You need to first make the date window rotate from 1 all the way to 31. The S100 has an auto rotate feature so it won't take long (you just need to turn the crown clockwise quickly and it'll automatically start). When it's in this auto rotation mode, turning the crown anti clockwise will only stop the auto rotate of the date (it won't let you go backwards ever). So you need to stop the date at 31.5 (halfway to 1) and then turn it clockwise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think you've misunderstood. You need to first make the date window rotate from 1 all the way to 31. The S100 has an auto rotate feature so it won't take long (you just need to turn the crown clockwise quickly and it'll automatically start). When it's in this auto rotation mode, turning the crown anti clockwise will only stop the auto rotate of the date (it won't let you go backwards ever). So you need to stop the date at 31.5 (halfway to 1) and then turn it clockwise.
That's fantastic, thank you very much. I guess I was rotating the crown still in small steps, but when I finally gave the crown a good spin the dates started changing and I now see what was meant by the auto rotation mode.

Thanks again and have a great day!

·
Registered
9 Posts

I have way too many watches, and my latest love is the S100 Oceanus. Yesit has the protruding lug in the middle that makes swapping out the (really quite nice, rattle-free, titanium) bracelet difficult, BUT it can be done (i think it's a little too dressy). I found another casiorubber band that looks rather stunning.

The band had to be trimmed just a bit on the outside tips, and the fit is almost perfect, but I think it looks great.
IMG_20201110_1624271.jpg
IMG_20201110_1755045.jpg
IMG_20201110_1625387.jpg

Band: EF305-1AV
EF305 9AV

·
Registered
132 Posts
Oh man , your bad news !! That looks fantastic , my Oceanus is begging me to do that ! .. what model Casio band did you use ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
@Finhook - Thanks for posting the photos and strap details. It does look amazing.

Now that I know it can be done, I will see if I can do it with a scalpel to a blue leather or blue/grey suede strap - maybe a spring 2021 project. But for now, I'll enjoy it on the sweet titanium bracelet that is, given the thermal properties of the element, quite comfortable on the wrist in this brutal LA winter.

1521 - 1540 of 1900 Posts