WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1841 - 1860 of 1898 Posts

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
Nice! Enjoy! Quite the value, eh?
Yes, absolutely a great buy and I'm a value buyer at all price points. This will get a ton of wrist time I'm sure, very different experience from the rest of my collection. On the wrist, it just sparkles and personally I love the blue. The titanium bracelet makes it as comfortable as most buckle straps to be honest. It's lightness makes it wear like a strap 37.5..my now departed SARB033.

I also louped it against several other pieces in my collection from cheap (Tisell Explorer) to mid-range (Squale 1521, Seiko Presage Urushi LE) to Omega-Tudor-Rolex and it fell about where I expected. Lots of comparisons to GS but I put it more at the Presage level.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Yes, absolutely a great buy and I'm a value buyer at all price points. This will get a ton of wrist time I'm sure, very different experience from the rest of my collection. On the wrist, it just sparkles and personally I love the blue. The titanium makes it as comfortable as most straps to be honest. It's lightness makes it wear like a strap 37.5..my now departed SARB033.

I also louped it against several other pieces in my collection from cheap (Tisell Explorer) to mid-range (Squale 1521, Seiko Presage Urushi LE) to Omega-Tudor-Rolex and it fell about where I expected. Lots of comparisons to GS but I put it more at the Presage level.
I wore my T200 yesterday. Love it. The dial is amazing, IMO.

·
Registered
Rolex | Tudor | Oceanus | G-Shock
35 Posts
May I join the club?
Here is my S4000D:
View attachment 15885218

S4000D and T200S:
View attachment 15885222
I'm a big "G-Shock" guy and recently discovered Oceanus... I'm very late to the party but it's funny because I was thinking... "why can't Casio make nicer G-Shocks without all the extruding bumpers for people like me who enjoy the watches/tech but aren't hardcore weekend warriors? LOL.

Anyhow, I was about to order a T200 but then went down a rabbit hole and just ordered a OCW-S4000D! Ironic that you posted both watches I was looking at. Can't wait to get it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm a big "G-Shock" guy and recently discovered Oceanus... I'm very late to the party but it's funny because I was thinking... "why can't Casio make nicer G-Shocks without all the extruding bumpers for people like me who enjoy the watches/tech but aren't hardcore weekend warriors? LOL.

Anyhow, I was about to order a T200 but then went down a rabbit hole and just ordered a OCW-S4000D! Ironic that you posted both watches I was looking at. Can't wait to get it!
Congratulations on your purchase!
If we compare the S4000D and the T200, then the S4000D is a much more versatile watch, the T200 is very classic for me. I like both, but the S4000D feels a little higher-end watch. The only thing I don't like about the S4000D is the bracelet, for this amount of money I would like to have a better bracelet, missing micro-adjustment, and polishing quality, tougher titanium like on Citizen Atessa watches would be nice to have.
I'm a big G-Shock fan too. But lately, I've started to move away from Casio more towards Citizen.
Here is more comparison photo:

Casio Oceanus OCW-S4000D and Citizen Attesa CC4015-51E:

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
OCW-G2000 saying hello to his T200 brethren. (y)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would love to see a S100 update/refresh where they remove the "Tough Mvmt" text... it's what is pushing me to the T200 but I really like the bezel design on the S100 more. Although with my collection of watches, the uber-simplicity of the T200 is probably what I should get.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would love to see a S100 update/refresh where they remove the "Tough Mvmt" text... it's what is pushing me to the T200 but I really like the bezel design on the S100 more. Although with my collection of watches, the uber-simplicity of the T200 is probably what I should get.
What would push me for an S100 upgrade would be if they'd release one with a green dial similar to the new OCW-T4000BA-1A3JF:

I've always loved a green dial and I think I'd upgrade in a heartbeat, even with a dark coated bracelet.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I would have bought an S100 years ago if it didn't have an integrated bracelet. I know it's a good bracelet, but I like having options. Any other change would be insignificant in comparison.

I may still buy one because it's a lovely watch, but the bracelet is what's holding me back.

·
Registered
35 Posts

While I await my Oceanus OCW-S4000D that should arrive in a week... I picked up this lovely piece on eBay for just $150. It's an older model... a OCW-500TLA-1AV that came with black leather straps. The strap was a bit too "old school" looking so I swapped it out for a grey nato band that I had laying around. The watch is in perfect shape with no scratches on the crystal... just minor wear on the metal bits.

I see conflicting information online since it's an older watch but I believe it's a titanium case and the caseback reads OCW-500T Titanium. It's a very nice piece and I appreciate the white outer dial face on the watch quite a bit.

I wish the Oceanus still came in cool watch boxes like this one... the newer one's don't seem as unique.

·
Registered
320 Posts

While I await my Oceanus OCW-S4000D that should arrive in a week... I picked up this lovely piece on eBay for just $150. It's an older model... a OCW-500LA-1AV that came with black leather straps. The strap was a bit too "old school" looking so I swapped it out for a grey nato band that I had laying around. The watch is in perfect shape with no scratches on the crystal... just minor wear on the metal bits.

I see conflicting information online since it's an older watch but I believe it's a titanium case and the caseback reads OCW-500T Titanium. It's a very nice piece and I appreciate the white outer dial face on the watch quite a bit.

I wish the Oceanus still came in cool watch boxes like this one... the newer one's don't seem as unique.

That's really nice! I've been on an ana-digi kick lately. I'd love to find one like that.

·
Registered
13,174 Posts
I would have bought an S100 years ago if it didn't have an integrated bracelet. I know it's a good bracelet, but I like having options. Any other change would be insignificant in comparison.

I may still buy one because it's a lovely watch, but the bracelet is what's holding me back.
Integrated bracelet held me back from the S100 too (still does). Funny thing is I can hardly imagine wearing my T200 on anything but the OEM bracelet. ;-)

1841 - 1860 of 1898 Posts