WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know there are a fair few Speedy's out there, and so let's get them all in one place, at least bigger than this collection
Brian’s 8110A Restoration – the 67-9313 ‘Speedy’ | Sweephand's Vintage Citizen Watch Blog

Ive always had liked the Speedy's, but they sold for high prices, and I never really could afford them. In late 2012 I settled for a cheap 9119, which constantly stopped working even if it was sent back to the Phillipines seller to be repaired twice. A year on(early 2014) another member PM'd me about their Speedy, and it rekindled my love for them. By chance, I had a quick browse through eBay, and there was a white dial Speedy which looked to be used as a parts watch, which was missing the stem, crown, pushers, the all important movement holder, date window, and both sub dial hands. It wasn't in the best condition, but I did still have the non working 9119 which became the doner for my Speedy. This was one of the eBay seller's pics

Citizen Speedy 67-9313 BEFORE by Quang.Vuong, on Flickr

I was overseas at the time, and I did not have the best internet connection, and unfortunately I lost the bidding war o|. But only a few days later, I was offered a second chance offer, and it was sent straight to 31 Jewels for its restoration and service. When I got back home, my 9119 doner was sent out to him as well, and good news was that most of the broken/worn parts were able to be replaced. It however did get a NOS signed crown, NOS minute recorder, and an original spec crystal. I was kept well informed throughout the service with lots of pics and info, and am overal happy with the finished product. 6 months on, and I finally get to see my watch for the first time in person.

It has a beat error of 0.1ms which is near perfect, and positionally gains ~3-6 seconds a day wearing the watch.

Together with the Chinese made 18mm president style bracelet.

Citizen 67-9313 Speedy by Quang.Vuong, on Flickr

Citizen 67-9313 Speedy Watch by Quang.Vuong, on Flickr

Lovely new lume

Citizen 67-9313 Speedy Lume by Quang.Vuong, on Flickr

Caseback signed 70501330, meaning from May 1977.

Citizen 67-9313 Speedy Caseback by Quang.Vuong, on Flickr

31 Jewel's photo of the mighty 8110A movement and autographed caseback

8110a Movement by Quang.Vuong, on Flickr

From the original state to the finished product, it is hard to believe that this is the same watch. I will sure hope enjoy my watch for the next decades.

Now, let's see your Speedy's and their stories!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
my 8110
wear it on a black nylon now though

Reactions: longstride

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I preset focus and shutter speed(in my case 1.6 seconds), then turned off all lights. Took the shot, and quickly flashed a torch at the watch to light it up a bit whilst the shutter was still open. It's all about experimentation to get a good exposure.

Here's another I tried when I just received the watch earlier in the day. It turned out a bit brighter than I wanted, but it captures the pearl dial nicely, as well as all the blemishes on it.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I preset focus and shutter speed(in my case 1.6 seconds), then turned off all lights. Took the shot, and quickly flashed a torch at the watch to light it up a bit whilst the shutter was still open. It's all about experimentation to get a good exposure.

Here's another I tried when I just received the watch earlier in the day. It turned out a bit brighter than I wanted, but it captures the pearl dial nicely, as well as all the blemishes on it.
The best lume picture i have ever seen of a Speedy. Your watch has more air miles than any other Speedy I have done. lol :)

·
Registered
762 Posts
That is a Very Cool Picture! Lady Bug + Speedy= Very Good Luck.

Sorry for the late reply.

I am out of stock of original Citizen Speedy crystals. The Citizen part number is:-- 54-50780

·
Registered
762 Posts
I would love to see Citizen do a re-issue of these "Speedies"!

I have only four major requests.
(1)--It must remain mechanical.
(2)--It must not stray too far away from the original looks.
(3)--I'd like to see just a bit bigger case.
(4)--Customers need to have a say in development.

"Hello Citizen"? "Yes"....its "31 Jewels". "My watch friends and I have an idea for ya." :) "We are ready for Speedy Version 2.O"

Cheers,

Brian

·
Registered
1,200 Posts

"Hello Citizen"? "Yes"....its "31 Jewels". "My watch friends and I have an idea for ya." :) "We are ready for Speedy Version 2.O"

Cheers,

Brian
Sounds good to me!

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Official Citizen 'Speedy' 67-9313 Club - Aftermarket Dial

Is there anyone that is aware (or has any knowledge) if there is someone making an aftermarket dial(s) for the CITIZEN SPEEDY 67-9313.

I have purchased a number of aftermarket dials for citizens chronograph 8110A, but I've never actually seen a speedy dial (black or white). Any leads would be helpful.

I've been absent for a while but just about to pick it up again and I have a couple of speedy's with the rough dials that I would like to start on.
Regards,Will

CITIZEN SPEEDY 67-9313-003.jpg

·
Registered
624 Posts

Cheers,

Brian
Spot on! Hope this gathers interest! I'm in!

·
Registered
624 Posts

Cheers,

Brian
Spot on! Hope this gathers interest! I'm in!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts