WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1509 Posts

·
Registered
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C'mon, folks. It's an affordable classic. I call it the best automatic watch $100 can buy. You love it. I love it. It's a leading contender for most recommended watch on the WUS Affordables Sub-Forum. It's the Orient Mako.

So, post 'em up. Let's see your Makos!

My first was a Pepsi:

One Black:

Also, a Yellow:

And finally the Black Mako that's here to stay b-)|>:

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
Can I join?

My beautiful black Mako was so good-looking that a classmate at the medical institute decided to steal it while it was off my wrist. I will be ordering a new one soon, along with a replacement Zulu strap as well.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I've had my Blue Mako for a year..love it only wish it was 43-45mm
WATCH 207.JPG WATCH 003.JPG

Reactions: Kazama and Berkut

·
Registered
8,344 Posts
me too... please...please... ;-)

When I look at this watch I stumble about the price, it looks so good.
I know that some other WUS friends have had problems with O-USA, and that bums me out because I place this watch up with my favorites, that cost much more. I would not have known about the Mako if not for WUS. Here's my different straps, same watch:

Original rubber:
MakoWrSm.jpg

Pam-like thick leather:
makowrpam.jpg

IW Zulu:
MakoZulu3.jpg

Currently on IW leather:
MakoIW3.jpg

·
Affordables Moderator
17,574 Posts
Only the blue for me, but I have had it for quite some time:

My Mako has always been a go to watch in regular rotation, and it has stayed while many much more expensive Swiss and Japanese watches have been sold for others to enjoy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You guys are making it real hard for me! I really should bump up the mako to the top of my list to grab, it just seems like such a great deal! Nice makos guys!

·
Registered
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can I join?

My beautiful black Mako was so good-looking that a classmate at the medical institute decided to steal it while it was off my wrist. I will be ordering a new one soon, along with a replacement Zulu strap as well.
We'll give you a probationary membership on one condition: Post pics of your new Mako when it arrives! Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
me too... please...please... ;-)

When I look at this watch I stumble about the price, it looks so good.
I know that some other WUS friends have had problems with O-USA, and that bums me out because I place this watch up with my favorites, that cost much more. I would not have known about the Mako if not for WUS. Here's my different straps, same watch:

Original rubber:
View attachment 479018

Pam-like thick leather:
View attachment 479021

IW Zulu:
View attachment 479022

Currently on IW leather:
View attachment 479023
But of course. Great strap combos, Skywatch. A worthy favorite, the humble Mako.

·
Registered
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been wearing my blue Mako for the last few days. Fantastic watch!
It was my second automatic watch purchased just after I had to send back my Alpha sub for warranty service.
Alpha Sub? Who needs one of those when you have a MAKO! Brilliant shot of the blue dial.

·
Registered
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Only the blue for me, but I have had it for quite some time:

My Mako has always been a go to watch in regular rotation, and it has stayed while many much more expensive Swiss and Japanese watches have been sold for others to enjoy.
That's high praise from a guy with as many watches as you, Griff. Welcome to Mako World.

·
Registered
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My Blue Beauty:

It's mighty hard to beat the Mako in the "bang for the buck" category. :-!
Beautiful shot, Lee. Moderators with Makos. I wonder how common that is throughout WUS? We'll make it a sub-club.

·
Registered
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You guys are making it real hard for me! I really should bump up the mako to the top of my list to grab, it just seems like such a great deal! Nice makos guys!
Resistance is futile, Brotha. The Mako is calling to you. I don't see an Orange Mako in this thread yet. It is your destiny. ;-)

·
Registered
472 Posts
I love my Mako. It's my go-to watch. I also have a navy and grey bond nato for it. I want a rubber strap as well as a leather strap or two, just need to find the right ones.
15e94ki.jpg

1 - 20 of 1509 Posts