·
Registered
216 Posts
My Orient Yellow Mako... so sweet!
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi all, just joined up to post here, starting watch collecting as of tomorrow (other half has bought me a Citizen Eco-Drive Endeavor for my birthday) but am loving these Orient Mako's and the other Orient range.

Looking at getting the Pepsi Mako found a place that in Germany that will ship to the UK and all in it is less than £100 :) Tempted by the 3--star range as well specifically EM5U00EB it boggles my mind that an automatic can be this cheap! Anyone own the 3-star in question and have an thoughts?

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
BTW, is there really that big a difference between the lume on the Ray vs. the Mako? I've been surprised at how good the Ray's lume is, but have heard/read it's not quite as good on the Mako. Anyone who owns both models care to chime in?

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
BTW, is there really that big a difference between the lume on the Ray vs. the Mako? I've been surprised at how good the Ray's lume is, but have heard/read it's not quite as good on the Mako. Anyone who owns both models care to chime in?
The lume on my Ray Raven is definitely better than that on my Pepsi Mako. I always assumed that Orient simply applied more to the Rays.

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
I asked this question to Orient Watch USA. They replied that the intensity is the same but since the Ray has more surface area of lume (lume dots bigger) it apears brighter. I much prefer the Mako design over the Ray and the Lume is good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got the blue Mako for my birthday. I absolutely love it. I'm not sure what light tricks people use to make the blue stand out so much, because it's really hard for me to take a photo and see the blue in it, especially the bezel! I'm not complaining though as it was a tough call between blue and black. I can't stop looking at this watch. It's amazing!

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was just about to pull the trigger on Tissot Le Locle, but see what this forum has done to me !

Instead of Tissot Le Locle I have settled for 2 watches, Orient Blue Mako & Seiko Alpinist Sarb017

Didn't like the stock bracelet, its on a black leather strap now.

Makomania :)
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Strap Blue

1201 - 1220 of 1521 Posts