WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Pay no attention to the fact that I’m still in my pajamas.
I actually didn’t! :-d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: fskywalker

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
As I’m in lockdown and usually am just in my underwear, I thought best not post.
If youre like me, it depends on what stage youre at in the wear cycle. Within days 1-3 you can get away with it. When it gets to changeover day (usually a saturday unless ive got something important to do like play xbox) theyve developed a "patina" which doesnt come across very well in photos.

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
If youre like me, it depends on what stage youre at in the wear cycle. Within days 1-3 you can get away with it. When it gets to changeover day (usually a saturday unless ive got something important to do like play xbox) theyve developed a "patina" which doesnt come across very well in photos.
''Patina'' LMAO! :-d :-d

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
For me, the difficult part is getting the phone camera to focus on the correct area I'm trying to photograph.

As mentioned above, on my phone I have to tap on the object in the "viewfinder" to get the camera to focus on it. This is very difficult to do when trying to hold the phone in position and also have my hand in the correct position to activate the shutter...all the while contorting my body to frame the shot. I ended up with a muscle cramp on the left side if my chest. :))

Anyway, this is my feeble attempt;

20200607_101218_1591550130205.jpg

René

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Okay...so I played around with the camera on my phone and found a setting that makes it a little easier to take these pocket shots. This one turned out a little better. In focus at least.

20200607_125040_1591559967332.jpg

I'm going to have to continue to practice, but I'm getting better already. You've created a monster, Dan.

René

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Great thread! Below are a few Omega pocket shots I’ve taken since I began using my DSLR. Setting up the tripod and locking focus is a royal PITA but the remote phone app makes life a little easier. Messing around with the reflections and angles can get you some interesting results once you upload them in the computer.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Great thread! Below are a few Omega pocket shots I’ve taken since I began using my DSLR. Setting up the tripod and locking focus is a royal PITA but the remote phone app makes life a little easier. Messing around with the reflections and angles can get you some interesting results once you upload them in the computer.

We have a couple of the same watches! Good taste! (Speedy and 2254)

I find the 2254 dial texture hard to capture.

·
Registered
253 Posts
“Patina”

·
Registered
253 Posts

Great shots! I especially like the second one where the watch is “peeking”. Here is my first shot that day.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
We have a couple of the same watches! Good taste! (Speedy and 2254)

I find the 2254 dial texture hard to capture.

Great taste! Two timeless pieces imo. I notice the 2254's waves pop more when I get a little closer up and get more reflection on the edge of the crystal. The black dial makes it more difficult though.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Great shots! I especially like the second one where the watch is “peeking”. Here is my first shot that day.
Likewise, nice shot of the PAM! Fall and winter makes for better shots to hide my hairy arms and add some more shirt colors/patterns lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
The last time I tried to do a pocket shot, I was contorting and doing it with my phone. My wife, who was talking on the phone, walked in and said “my husband is trying to take a picture of his butt” and then walked out. So I haven’t tried since

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 63 Posts