WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Great thread! Below are a few Omega pocket shots I’ve taken since I began using my DSLR. Setting up the tripod and locking focus is a royal PITA but the remote phone app makes life a little easier. Messing around with the reflections and angles can get you some interesting results once you upload them in the computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lovely shots. I admire all beautiful timepieces but that laquered dial SMP simply takes my breath away. There's something very intoxicating about that watch. Beautiful take as well.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Lovely shots. I admire all beautiful timepieces but that laquered dial SMP simply takes my breath away. There's something very intoxicating about that watch. Beautiful take as well.
Thank you and I totally agree about the plain jane laquered dial SMPc. Perhaps the simplest of all the modern SMPs, but it still mages to pop in the right light...no waves necessary on this one.

Reactions: fskywalker

·
Registered
11,644 Posts
Railmaster brothers!

I have a DSLR on a tripod with an app on my phone that I can use to press the trigger....very helpful! The only issue then is lighting!

Yes, tripod my brothers and sisters! Doesn't matter what camera, just get a tripod. A phone tripod is maybe $5. Use the built in timer. Done.

Unfortunately I don't have any pocket shots of my Omegas and I won't sully this place with a mere Longines or Oris. "sniff"

;)

·
Registered
11,644 Posts
Ah! Perhaps beginning to understand the true nature of the problem(s) now...

No tripod - camera fits in jean's pocket (or no pics get taken), doesn't have apps, or touch to focus, or touch screen etc at all...

(It's a 1st generation Sony RX100 from 2012, but I got it 2nd-hand 3 or 4 years ago after being bowled over by the pics from 2 or 3 other members on here, who all used the same model).

Think Tino hit the quick answer on the head with : “Hey, honey, can you take a picture with my phone of my watch on my wrist?”

Here's the pocket shot which my better half snapped with the RX100 back in 2017...

View attachment 15190753
'

f/8, manual focus and use the shutter timer on a tripod. You can do it yourself.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
A little further away is my preference.Watch looks better and you can see clothes colours and textures a little too.

What are your opinions on close up vs. further back? I tend to like the pics from a little further away so you can see the watch’s proportions better.

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

·
Registered
11,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #60

41 - 60 of 63 Posts